No-frills, No-thrills Paging Auction Scheduled
- Paging auction nets $2.4M for a few thousand licenses. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the revenue generated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission paging spectrum auction as of June 9, 2003. Number of licenses sold; Number of companies that won licenses in the auction; Comments from people who participated in the auction.
- Paging Auction Closes, Bids Total $4.1 Million. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has auctioned more than 900 licenses for radio paging services.
- FCC sets Dec. 7 paging auction date. // RCR;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p10
Reports on plans by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to auction licenses for paging services on December 7, 1999. Frequency range covered by the licenses; FCC's call for comments on several auction-related issues.
- Public Safety Could Get Unauctioned Paging Spectrum. // TelecomWeb News Digest;2/1/2006, p1
The article reports on a public notice regarding a petition to reallocate an unauctioned paging spectrum submitted by Icom America to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission as of February 2006. In June 2004, Icom America asked the agency to reallocate spectrum that went unsold in two...
- Auction Delay Highlights Paging Woes. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p57
Reveals why the United States Federal Communications Commission delayed the auction for paging licenses, moving from June 26 to October 30, 2001. What the delay underscores; Profession in which paging services are widely used; Opportunity of small carriers in the auction; Top paging companies...
- WTB finally settles 931 MHz paging dispute in New York... Wayne, Debra // RCR;3/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p73
Reports that a settlement agreement has been mediated among seven radio common carriers in New York City, by the Federal Communications Commission's Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB), regarding a dispute over a 931 megahertz paging channel. Companies involved in the dispute; Circumstances...
- Paging on the PCS auction block. // Business Communications Review;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the plans of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to auction off spectrum for narrowband Personal Communications Service (PCS). Services provided by narrowband PCS; Comments from Herschel Shosteck of Shosteck and Associates; Mtel's nationwide wireless network; Competition for...
- Regulation losing prominence in paging circles. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the complaints received by the United States Federal Communications Commission from paging carriers that they have not been given fair interconnection arrangements with local exchange carriers.
- Paging Auction Debate Rages. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p20
Reports that the ruling of the United States Appeals Court in Washington for the Federal Communications Commission auction regulation has stimulated debate over the validity of paging auctions. Actions of the Personal Communications Industry Association; Views on the court ruling; Petitioners...