Most Americans Prefer Multiple Devices
- Verizon Launches Mobile Messenger. // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the two-way text messaging service launched by Verizon Wireless. Features of the service; Monthly subscription fee for the service.
- 'Light' Swift Will Ease Adoption. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;10/22/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p1
The article reveals the plan of La Hulpe, Belgium-based firm Swift to launch a new, light-weight interface to attract low-volume, low-value users to its messaging network. Plans for the new interface were unveiled by CEO Lazaro Campos at the firm's Sibos conference on October 2, 2007. It will...
- Is unified messaging the cure for message overload? Deschamps, Vinnie; Greene, Roger // Network World;12/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p57
Presents pro and con views about the role of unified messaging in solving message overload problems. Need for users to be able to access and respond to messages quickly; Storage of all voice mail, facsimile and electronic mail messages in a single mailbox; Need for users to manage their...
- Enmeshed by ever more messages. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 237, p12
Discusses the complexity created by the practice of messaging, or leaving messages in any of several formats including e-mail and voice mail. The difficulty in keeping up with one's messages; Questions about why people are so preoccupied with messages; The message capability of the Internet.
- Turning the tables on phoning home. // Engineer (00137758);6/14/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7605, p5
Reports on the Intelligent Table that plays telephone messages created by integrated industrial design student Dominic Smith of Brunel University. Details on how the messages are received; Material used for the table.
- Have You Got the Message? // Scholastic Action;3/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on developing skills on how to take a phone message.
- Intelligent communications: The complete solution. Cochetti, Roger J. // Telephony;5/9/94, Vol. 226 Issue 19, p22
Features solutions to the information and communications requirements of companies and professionals. Absence of a simplified method for accessing and receiving electronic information; Developments in packet-switched radio networks, cellular phone networks and modems; Projection on the...
- Voice-powered Messaging Apps. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p22
Presents information on the products and services offering voice access to data over the Internet. Service offered under the Internet message management service of Lucent Technologies Inc.; Users that can be attracted by the idea of using voice commands to manage e-mail; Purpose of Lucent in...
- Internet more functional for messaging than talking. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p30
Focuses on the use of the Internet for messaging purposes. Comments from Ralph Tomeoni, president and chief executive officer of the Teknow company. Estimated number of messages domestic wireless carriers handle over the Internet; Advantages of using Internet messaging; Detailed information on...