Lucent Explores Foreign Territory
- Lucent Hangs Up VolP Line. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;02/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p54
Reports that Lucent Technologies' voice-over-internet protocol lines have hang up in the United States. Exploration of ways to combine overlapping products; Problem with the cable lines.
- Lucent brings IP telephony to small enterprises. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;01/10/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p40A
Reports on the release of IP ExchangeComm (IPEC), an Internet telephony system, by Lucent Technologies. Features of IPEC; Information on the add-on IPEC IP telephony gateway card; Standards that IPEC supports.
- Lucent debuts single-chip IP phone. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;05/17/99, Vol. 236 Issue 20, p28
Focuses on Lucent Phone-On-A-Chip, a single-chip solution for Internet telephones introduced by Lucent Technologies. How the unit works; Price; Expectations of Lucent from the device; Specifications.
- Ready to serve. Weber, Toby // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p12
Reports that Lucent Technologies' New Ventures Group has entered the internet telephony (IP) market with the launching of its video service provider GeoVideo Networks. Plans of the company to deliver real-time bidirectional IP video using an international fiber network; Overview of the services...
- Lucent wheels out convergence gear. Greene, Tim // Network World;8/5/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p40
Provides information on the Enhanced Business Services 2.0 application software for Internet telephony, that was launched by Lucent Technologies as of August 5, 2002. Services provided by the software; Applications; Features.
- LUCENT LEAPS TO NO. 2 SPOT IN METRO DWDM SHOWDOWN. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;9/15/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the sales performance of Lucent Technologies Inc. in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2003. Increase in its total income; Percentage of the market share rankings; Totality of the net operating income.
- New IP Telephony Network merges bells & whistles of data & voice. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/1/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p39
Reports on Avaya Communications' unveiling of its latest solutions for the Internet protocol (IP) telephony market aimed at companies with more than 50 employees. Launch of equipment in Puerto Rico; Creation of the from Lucent Technologies in 2000.
- Lucent: PathStar Gone, VoIP Lives. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p18
Reports that Lucent Technologies plans to reorganize its cable television-based Internet telephony equipment business in the United States as of February 19, 2001. Company's termination of its PathStar product line; Launch of the PacketStar product line; Implications for cable television...
- VoIP Stumbles, but Stay on the Line. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p42
Comments on developments related to Internet telephony in the cable television industry in the United States as of February 19, 2001. Lucent's decision to terminate its voice over IP equipment business; Variations in cable television companies' Internet telephony initiatives.