ICO-Teledesic Merger On Hold
- Teledesic scopes the terrain. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;10/04/99, Vol. 237 Issue 14, p30
Deals with the plans of Teledesic to invest and acquire related businesses including the Iridium satellite voice effort. Opportunities explored by the company; Satellites of Iridium that Teledesic is speculated to purchase; Information on the partnership of Motorola and Teledesic.
- ICO Hires Advisor, but Large Holder Still Howls. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the hostile bid of Travis Street Partners (TSP) for ICO Inc. as of February 2001. Market capitalization of ICO; Purpose of forming TSP; Details of the offer of TSP for ICO.
- Merger strengthens Newpark, CFO says. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/28/99, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p5
Focuses on Metairie, New Orleans-based Newpark Resources Inc.'s planned merger with Tuboscope Pipeline Services Inc. Integration of fluids and waste management services; Share prices as of June 24, 1999.
- Supplier ICO builds European business. // Plastics News;3/31/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p13
Reports that ICO Incorporated of Houston has agreed to purchase Rotec Chemicals Limited of Rushden, England. Background information on both companies; Detailed examination of the deal; Comments from Jon Biro, ICO senior vice president and treasurer.
- Teledesic, Motorola to end system agreement. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p24
Informs on the termination of the system agreement of Teledesic LLC and Motorola Inc. in the wake of Teledesic's plans to merge with ICO-Teledesic Global Communications Ltd.
- Plastics firms play chess in recession. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that through mergers and acquisitions, plastic industry in Northeast Ohio is entering new markets, gaining customers and expanding capacity. Bill Ridenour, Chief Executive Officer of Polymer Transactions says that some companies are buying weak competitors. A. Schulman Inc....
- Travis Street corrals compounder ICO Inc. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/11/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p35
Focuses on the takeover of Travis Street Partners LLC of plastics compounder ICO Inc. in Houston, Texas. Resignation of ICO top management team; Transition of executives within the company; Control of ICO stock by Travis Street.
- Schulman to Expand Geographic Reach with ICO Purchase. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;12/7/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 29, p28
The article announces the agreement of Schulman to acquire specialty chemicals maker ICO for about 191 million U.S. dollars in cash and stock to expand its market share in the global rotomolding and masterbatch markets. ICO manufactures specialty chemicals such as resins and concentrates used in...
- A. Schulman signs definitive agreement to acquire ICO, Inc. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Feb2010, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p60
The article reports that A. Schulman, Inc. signed a definitive agreement to acquire all of the outstanding stocks of ICO. Inc., which leaves ICO owning approximately 16 percent of the combined company after the merger. ICO is a global manufacturer of specialty resins and concentrates and...