Verizon Supports NextWave Request
- FCC sets re-auction date, defends restructuring. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the rejection of bankrupt Nextwave Telecom Inc.'s request to the United States Federal Communications Commission to reconsider its decision to cancel and re-auction the company's licenses.
- NextWave near settlement. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p2
Discusses issues on the settlement of the licenses of personal communication service system carrier NextWave Telecom Inc. Agreement on the value of the licenses; Alliance of Verizon Wireless with Valley Communications; Payment of the licenses.
- Will the re-auction be delayed? Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p8
Focuses on the efforts of NextWave Telecom Inc. in keeping its personal communications services licenses in the United States.
- D.C. court refuses to stop auction. // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p19
Reports that a United States federal appeals court has ruled that the reauction of bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc.'s telecommunication licenses will commence as planned.
- Newly Attractive NextWave Could Ride M&A. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals to give back NextWave Telecom Inc. its wireless licenses in 2001, which may interest industry players to finance it out of bankruptcy. Services provided by the telecommunications operator; Total amount of NextWave's debt; Companies rumored to...
- Where is the innovation? Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Comments on the failure of the re-auction of the personal communications services licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. to attract small innovative companies that would bring services to market and be competitive with larger firms as envisioned by the United States government.
- Lower 800 MHz auction closes, Nextel cleans up. // RCR Wireless News;12/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p6
Focuses on plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to begin re-auctioning of personal communications services licenses reclaimed from bankrupt company NextWave Telecom Inc.
- FCC Auction Confusion. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;01/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by NextWave Telecom Inc. against the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., regarding its spectrum license. Implications of the lawsuit on the re-auction of the telecommunication company; Basis...
- NextWave Nears Auction for Spectrum. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p1
Explains the reason of telecommunication carriers for not bidding on the wireless spectrum license of bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc. Value of Cingular Wireless' bid for the spectrum; Terms of a deal between NextWave and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Assessment on Cingular's bid.