- Satellite Calling. Waltner, Charles // Interactive Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p49
Focuses on the efforts of satellite-based mobile communications operators to add data offerings to their services. Information on Inmarsat's Internet Protocol-based data service; Target market of satellite-based mobile communications operators; Competition posed by New ICO and Teledesic.
- McCaw/Gates back broadband satellite plan. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;3/28/94, Vol. 226 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the plan by Teledesic Corporation to build a complex satellite-based communications system to deliver broadband services globally. Estimated cost of project; Support for project by Microsoft Corporation and McCaw Cellular Communications; Inclusions in Teledesic's proposal; Criticisms...
- Teledesic authorized to provide two-way. // RCR;03/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p10
Reports that Teledesic Corporation has been granted a license from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide two-way communication services. Details on the services the company will provide; Order issued to the company from the International Bureau; What the license allows; What...
- Teledesic contemplates early market entry to scoop struggling LEOs. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p27
Reports on Teledesic LLC's plans in entering the mobile satellite communications services market. Teledesic's reaction to the bankruptcies of satellite services providers; Market opportunities for the company; Amount raised by the company in private financing.
- Big time fixer-uppers. Mohney, Doug // Satellite Broadband;Nov2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p68
Looks at Teledesic LLC, a network of satellites that aims to provide high-speed data services. Estimated price of building and deploying Teledesic service; Information on Orbcomm; Investment style of Teledesic.
- Teledesic is not alone in space. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;3/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p15
Focuses on the effects of the alliance between Microsoft's Bill Gates and McCaw Cellular Communications' Craig McCaw on global satellite communications. Offer by Teledesic Corp. of interactive voice, data and video services; Plans by Iridium to launch a commercial global satellite...
- Mystery of `stupid' satellite plan. Hecht, Jeff // New Scientist;4/2/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1919, p16
Reports on the communications industry analysts' assessment of the plans for the global satellite communication system filed by Teledesic Corp. with the United States Federal Communications Commission. Cost of the satellite system; Number of satellites to be launched by the 2001; Stated goal of...
- Teledesic pushes $9-billion, 900-satellite system. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/28/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p26
Reports on Teledesic Corp.'s seeking of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval to deploy a communication satellite system. Use of spacecraft in low-Earth-orbit; Major stockholders in Teledesic; Composition of proposed constellation; Reason for reduction of the number of satellites;...
- Teledesic future in question. // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p14
Presents an update on satellite communications provider Teledesic L.L.C. as of October 7, 2002. Information on the suspension of its operations with an Italian satellite manufacturer; Forecast on the services offered by the company.