3G Spectrum Debate Rises
- Some Things Change; Others; Not So Much. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;March2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses developments in the U.S. wireless industry. It cites the statement of Eric Schmidt, chief executive officer (CEO) of Google Inc, regarding the advancement of smartphones. It argues that the sector is developing fast but problem in interoperability for public safety cannot...
- Sale of Rural RBOC Lines Pick Up Speed. Glass, Victor // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the sale of regional Bell operating company's telecommunication lines to rural local exchange carriers (RLEC). Impact of the decline in interstate access demand and the shift of demand from wireline and wireless service on RLEC; Support received by RLEC for purchased lines; Details of...
- New mobile body set up to develop premium SMS. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;10/3/2002, p1
Announces the establishment of the organization Short Code Management Group dedicated to the development and management of the short messaging service (SMS) industry. Advantage of the cross-network premium short codes to the industry; Remarks from Mobile Data Association chairman Mike Short...
- Wireless cable tries to improve digital's odds. Foisie, Geoffrey // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/94, Vol. 124 Issue 26, p47
Presents the highlights of the Wireless Cable Association's convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Digital products introduced by some broadcasting companies; Formation of a digital alliance to speed up the testing of digital products; Companies working on their own digital products.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;4/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the support given by the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association (NTCA) to small wireline carriers to delay the rural wireless local number portability (LNP) deadline. Statement issued by NTCA CEO Michael Brunner; Requirements from wireless carriers when wireless LNP was...
- Grassroots fight. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p10
Focuses on the launch of mywireless.org, a group which opposes excessive state and local taxes on the wireless industry in the U.S., by the Cellular Telecommunication Industry Association. Reason for launching the group; Efforts of the group to oppose the charges and fees.
- Wireline groups urge Capitol Hill to delay WLNP. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p9
Reports on the request of Independent Telephone and Telecommunications Alliance, the United States Telecom Association and the Western Alliance for the U.S. government to delay the implementation of wireless local number portability (WLNP). Basis of the associations in requesting for the delay;...
- Survey shows rural carriers prefer GSM upgrades. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;1/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p4
Presents the results of a survey released by the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association on the choice of rural carriers that plan upgrades in 2004. Difficulties faced by rural carriers in upgrading wireless facilities; Percentage of respondents who use unlicensed spectrum to...
- Wireless Data Forum. // Network Dictionary;2007, p530
A reference entry for "Wireless Data Forum" (WDF) is presented. WDF is a New Zealand-based industry organization dedicated to promote and educate New Zealand companies in many options and solutions available to them through the use of Wireless Data.