An Analysis of Research on Student Health-Related Fitness Knowledge in K-16 Physical Education Programs
- L'ECOLE, LA SANTE ET L'EDUCATION PHYSIQUE EN FRANCE DANS LA SECONDE MOITIE DU VINGTIEME SIECLE : DU QUADRILLAGE DES CORPS AU DEVELOPPEMENT DU. Robène, Luc; Bodin, Dominique; Héas, Stéphane // Recorde: Revista de HistÃ³ria do Esporte;Jun2008, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The physical practice today occupies a particular space in the construction of a renewed vision of the health. To be in shape, "efficient", to feel yourself well with your body and mind, to matter with your physical appearance or to live in harmony in the environment of the "social body",...
- Perceptions of Overweight Students Concerning Their Experiences in Physical Education. Trout, Josh; Graber, Kim C. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p272
The purpose of this investigation was to examine overweight students' perceptions of and experiences in physical education. Specifically, the applicability of learned helplessness as a framework to understand their experiences was explored. Participants were seven female and five male high...
- Individual and Instructional Determinants of Student Engagement in Physical Education. Bevans, Katherine; Fitzpatrick, Leslie-Anne; Sanchez, Betty; Forrest, Christopher B. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p399
This study was conducted to identify student characteristics and instructional factors that impact student engagement in physical education (PE). Data were derived from the systematic observation of 124 sessions taught by 31 physical educators and the administration of health and PE engagement...
- Value of Daily Physical Education Questioned! Revision 2. Goodweiler, Cassie; Hensley, Larry D.; Finn, Kevin J. // ICHPER -- SD Journal of Research in Health, Physical Education, ;Fall/Winter2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p26
The purpose of this study was to explore the relationship between the number of days per week a child participates in physical education class and physical fitness test scores among elementary students. A total of 1,122 boys and 1,129 girls from 31 elementary schools located in the Midwest...
- Learning for Mastery: Ten Conclusions After 15 Years and 3,000 Schools. Hyman, Joan S.; Cohen, S. Alan // Educational Leadership;Nov79, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p104
Analyzes the effectiveness of Learning for Mastery (LFM) approach in comparison to traditional instruction. Role of P Ratio in LFM; Comparison between the performance of LFM and non-LFM learners; Techniques that increases participation and thereby mastery; Effectiveness of individualized LFM...
- Erratum. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2015, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p725
A correction to the article "Game Performance and Understanding Within a Hybrid Sport Education Season" by C. F. Farias and colleagues is presented.
- EDITORS' NOTE. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses articles on social preferences for learning among Spanish physical education students, amotivation model, and curriculum planning in physical education.
- ANOTHER APPROACH TO MASTERY LEARNING. Reid, Ethna R. // Educational Leadership;Nov80, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p170
Focuses on the Exemplary Center for Reading Instruction (ECRI) that offers an approach to mastery learning. Details of an ECRI mastery learning system; Response of students to ECRI mastery learning systems; Description of a mastery classroom.
- Physical Activity Opportunity in United States Public Elementary Schools. Beaulieu, Lisa; Butterfield, Stephen A.; Pratt, Phillip // ICHPER -- SD Journal of Research in Health, Physical Education, ;Fall/Winter2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p33
Recent evidence indicates that many elementary schools have curtailed recess and Physical Education (Morrow, Jackson & Payne 1999). These finding are at variance with the goal of Healthy People 2010 to increase physical activity. The purpose of this study was to examine physical activity...