The Grape Divide
- US: E&J Gallo launches "mini" La Marca Prosecco bottle. Wilmore, James // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);4/5/2014, p4
The article reports on the plan of a winery and wine distributor E&J Gallo to launch a mini bottle format of its Prosecco brand La Marca in the U.S.
- A Winery Grows in Manhattan. // Beverage World;12/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p33
The article reports on the growing number of concrete wineries in big cities in the U.S. These wineries, such as the City Winery in SoHo, New York City, offer consumers the opportunity to make their own wine for a fee. It is noted that setting up such wineries is cheaper than purchasing acres of...
- Local wineries boosting US economy. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/10/2012, p15
The article discusses the relative boom in U.S. local wineries as there are wineries in all 50 states. It presents the results of a study on the marketing strategies of small-scale wineries and public awareness of local wine vendors. The study also found that 90 percent of local wine sales occur...
- Not much wine tourism for the kosher consumer. London, Joshua E. // Washington Jewish Week;10/22/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 43, p26
The article offers information on some kosher wineries across the U.S. including Chateau Ste. Michelle in Washington state, the Covenant Winery in Berkeley, California, and Hagafen Cellars in the Napa Valley, California.
- Stars of the Central Coast. Zimmerman, Liza B. // Beverage Dynamics;May/Jun2013, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p12
The article talks about wines coming from the Central Coast region of the U.S. Due to the wide range of grapes, soil types, and microclimates, the region is said to produce a diverse variety of red and white wines. According to David Jabour of Twin Liquors, the top wines are the chardonnay,...
- WINE SELECTIONS. // Beverage Dynamics;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p51
The article offers a comparison of several American Cabernet Sauvignon, including the 2010 Gallo Estate Northern Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Rocca Family Vineyards, Collinetta Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, and Brandlin 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon Mount Veeder.
- Winery strategies change with grape supply. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;10/ 6/2011, p10
The article reports that lower-cost wine producing units in the U.S. are facing decrease in profit margins due to rise in costs of domestic grapes in 2011. According to a report from Rabobank International, the wine companies are thinking about new strategies to overcome this problem. It is also...
- Wineries & Wine-Making Industry (NAICS 31213). // United States Wineries & Wine Making Industry Capital & Expenses;2011, preceding p1
This publication presents a capital and expenses report on the U.S. wineries and wine-making industry. It contains a users' guide, industry definition and terms, and related industries. Several charts are also presented that show industry figures in 2010, 2011 and 2012, including estimated...
- Wineries & Wine-Making Industry (NAICS 31213). // United States Wineries & Wine Making Industry Capital & Expenses;2012, preceding p1
This publication presents a capital and expenses report on the U.S. wineries and wine-making industry. It contains a users' guide, industry definition and terms, and related industries. Several charts are also presented that show industry figures in 2011, 2012 and 2013, including estimated...