- Computer Addicts: Coming to a Center Near You. // Correctional Mental Health Report;May2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
The article presents the author's insights on the use of Rehabilitation for Gain Syndrome (RFGS) as treatment for computer addiction. The author states that RFGS is useful for computer addicts as it protects them from negative social instances, while providing them with treatment. He also...
- A laugh a (Painfully slow) minute. Rosen, Sheri // Communication World;Feb/Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p42
Discusses the signs of addiction to the Internet. Includes trusting advice from the Internet; Belief in the resource-saving capability of online information; Consideration of having a 30-minute live chat with kids as quality time.
- The Bandwidth That Binds. Manley, Will // American Libraries;Nov2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p72
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience with Internet addiction.
- …while in Korea it's gaming. // Telecom Asia;Sep2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p36
The article reports on the establishment of clinical treatment centers for the people who are addicted to the internet in South Korea.
- NET LOSS. PATKI, SAUMYA // Sahara Time;7/27/2013, Vol. 11 Issue 530, p50
The article discusses the impacts of Internet addiction in urban areas. It highlights that the findings of a study conducted by the Indian Journal of Psychiatry informs about the prevalence of Internet addiction in Indian colleges. It further focuses on Sanjay Bhagat, coordinator of the...
- An Internet addict confesses. Stephen, Andrew // New Statesman;06/19/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4390, p26
Examines the experiences of an individual who was addicted to the Internet. Origins of the term Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD); Effect which IAD can have on the lives of individuals; Median age for an IAD sufferer.
- Internet addiction disorder: Hype, a myth. Bipeta, Rajshekhar; Dalal, P. K.; Basu, Debasish // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;Jul-Sep2016, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p351
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Twenty years of internet addiction Quo Vadis?" by P. K. Dalal and D. Basu in the 2016 issue.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Idrus, Nirwan // Journal of Institutional Research South East Asia;May2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4
The article announces that the "Journal of Institutional Research South East Asia" (JIRSEA) will publish a revised version of the SEAAIR Conference Best Paper of the preceding year, and introduces a number of papers which cover topics such as Internet addiction and employment.
- The Mediating Role of Metacognition in the Relationship between Internet Addiction and General Health. Bidi, Fatemeh; Pejman, Mahdi Namdari; Kareshki, Hossein; Ahmadnia, Hadi // Addiction & Health;Winter/Spring2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1/2, p49
Background: Internet addiction is one of the harmful effects of the Internet. The findings of several studies have indicated a relationship between general health and Internet addiction. Metacognition, which includes the knowledge, processes, and strategies to evaluate, and monitor or control...