Offshoring To Save Jobs
- Outsourcing may help ease budget crunch. Mie-Yun Lee // Business Journal (Central New York);9/27/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p3A
Focuses on the outsourcing of activities by small business owners in New York City. Control of the staffing needs; Types of services that can be outsourced; Reliance on outside parties for help.
- What functions do small firms outsource? // Crain's New York Business;12/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p32
Presents statistical information on the functions which are outsourced by small companies in New York City.
- An Edge for the Decade. Smith, Ian // Franchising World;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on what small businesses need to do in order to succeed. The value of outsourcing.
- SMALL BUSINESS BRIEFS. Ireton, Donna S. // Contract Management;Aug2001, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p46
Reports developments in the small business industry in the U.S. as of August 2001. Designation of FedBizOpps as the universal electronic public access of procurement opportunities; Proposal on revising the Small Business Innovation Research Program; Change on the definition of performance-based...
- Outsourcing boom may be on the wane. // BRW;8/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p69
Reports on a poll conducted by Dun & Bradstreet, which shows an increase in the outsourcing of Australian small businesses' core services. Areas projected to experience an increase in outsourcing.
- Outsourcing is low cost expansion opportunity for small... Dittrich, Mark C. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/24/97, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p19
Discusses outsourcing as an opportunity for small businesses in United States to financially expand. Impact of outsourcing to large corporations; Reasons why small businesses engage into outsourcing.
- Small-business owners follow majors in move to outsource. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;12/9/96, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p11SB
Focuses on the trend among small to mid-sized American companies to substantially increase their reliance on outside suppliers and consultants. Eagerness to follow the outsourcing trend among larger companies; Findings of a survey conducted by the Management Consulting Services (MCS) of the...
- I KNOW A MAN WHO CAN. Wood, Douglas; Barrar, Peter; Jones, Julian // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p90
Discusses the benefits of outsourcing for small and medium-sized enterprises. Activities subject to convenience outsourcing; Small business's competitive advantage over large firms; Three primary benefits of outsourcing.
- The 46th Annual International Buyers' Guide. // Nonwovens Industry;Jul2015, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p32
The article offers information on the 46th edition of the journal's annual Buyer's Guide lists which gives information to readers about raw materials, suppliers of machinery, and contract service specialists.