An unexpected phosphate binding site in Glyceraldehyde 3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase: Crystal structures of apo, holo and ternary complex of Cryptosporidium parvum enzyme
- The composition of phosphate granules in the digestive glands of marine prosobranch gastropods: variation in relation to taxonomy. GIBBS, P. E.; NOTT, J. A.; NICOLAIDOU, A.; BEBIANNO, M. J. // Journal of Molluscan Studies;Nov1998, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p423
The composition of some 1150 phosphate granules in the digestive glands of over 40 species of marine prosobranch gastropods has been surveyed using a simple preparation technique and semi-quantitative SEM x-ray microanalysis. Spectral peaks for Mg, K, Ca, Mn, Fe and Zn were compared to that of...
- Bacterial community dynamics in the hyporheic zone of an intermittent stream. Febria, Catherine M; Beddoes, Paul; Fulthorpe, Roberta R; Williams, D Dudley // ISME Journal: Multidisciplinary Journal of Microbial Ecology;May2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1078
The dynamics of in situ bacterial communities in the hyporheic zone of an intermittent stream were described in high spatiotemporal detail. We assessed community dynamics in stream sediments and interstitial pore water over a two-year period using terminal-restriction fragment length...
- ADP. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p51
An encyclopedia entry for "ADP," which refers to adenosine diphosphate, is presented.
- How Actin Filaments Doff Their Pi Cap. Sedwick, Caitlin // PLoS Biology;Sep2011, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on a study on the release of phosphate molecule called Pi from adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-Pi-actin and the polymerization and depolymerization of actin filaments. It says that an apparatus which uses microfluidics in releasing free actin from a chamber with actin filaments...
- Convenient, tandem and one-reaction vessel synthesis of mixed dialkylated 2-naphthols from 2-tetralone. Jha, Amitabh; Dimmock, Jonathan R. // Canadian Journal of Chemistry;Apr2003, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p293
A convenient acid-catalyzed method for the synthesis of 1-alkyl-2-alkoxynaphthalenes by one-reaction vessel mixed alkylation of 2-tetralone, using aryl or alkyl aldehydes and alcohols followed by aromatization, is described.
- Oxidation of 1-Oxa-5-azaspiro[5.5]undecane with cyclohexanone. Kukharev, B. F.; Stankevich, V. K.; Klimenko, G. R.; Bayandin, V. V.; Kukhareva, V. A. // Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry;Mar2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p477
The article discusses a study on the oxidation of 1-oxa-5-azaspirol undecane with cyclohexanone to produce 5,6,7,8-tetrahydroquinoline as an example of synthesis of pyridine derivatives via oxidation of perhydro-1,3-oxazines. The oxidation of oxazolidines with carbonyl compounds, initial...
- Mild and Efficient Strontium Chloride Hexahydrate-Catalyzed Conversion of Ketones and Aldehydes into Corresponding gem- Dihydroperoxides by Aqueous H2O2. Azarifar, Davood; Khosravi, Kaveh; Soleimanei, Fatemeh // Molecules;Mar2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1433
SrCl2Â·6H2O has been shown to act as an efficient catalyst for the conversion of aldehydes or ketones into the corresponding gem-dihydroperoxides (DHPs) by treatment with aqueous H2O2 (30%) in acetonitrile. The reactions proceed under mild and neutral conditions at room temperature to afford...
- Perfluoroalkanesulfonamide Organocatalysts for Asymmetric Conjugate Additions of Branched Aldehydes to Vinyl Sulfones. Kosuke Nakashima; Murahashi, Miho; Hiroki Yuasa; Mariko Ina; Tada, Norihiro; Itoh, Akichika; Hirashima, Shin-ichi; Yuji Koseki; Miura, Tsuyoshi // Molecules;Dec2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p14529
Asymmetric conjugate additions of branched aldehydes to vinyl sulfones promoted by sulfonamide organocatalyst 6 or 7 have been developed, allowing facile synthesis of the corresponding adducts with all-carbon quaternary stereocenters in excellent yields with up to 95% ee.
- N,N-Dimethylpyridin-4-Amine Mediated Protocol for Cyanoethoxycarbonylation of Aldehydes Under Solvent-Free Conditions. Khan, Noor-ul H.; Agrawal, Santosh; Kureshy, Rukhsana I.; Bera, Prasanta K.; Abdi, Sayed H. R.; Bajaj, Hari C. // Catalysis Letters;Jul2010, Vol. 137 Issue 3/4, p255
N,N-Dimethylpyridin-4-amine (DAMP) (10 mol%) was successfully employed as catalyst for cyanoethoxycarbonylation of aromatic and aliphatic aldehydes at room temperature under solvent free condition to give corresponding ethylcyanocarbonates in excellent isolated yield (up to 95%) in 15â€“90...