Take the rough out of rustic
- Show time. Manuelli, Sara // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p22
Examines the designs of several furniture pieces in Great Britain in 2003. Key features of the furniture designs; Design credits; Implications on industrial design.
- Dramatic contrast at ICFF. Bulla, Tracy // Furniture/Today;6/6/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p22
The article offers information regarding the tribal and exotic furniture designs by the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF).
- New look for FIRA Service Technicians. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2011, Issue 5756, p11
The article offers information on the plan of Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) in Great Britain to launch a revamp design of its FIRA Service Technicians furniture complaint resolution service of on September 2011.
- Valencia goes modern with aluminium touches. de Melim // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p5
Highlights the 36th International Furniture Fair in Valencia which focus on the growing trend towards contemporary styles.
- Award for Hitchens. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p3
Highlights the furniture designer Tim Hitchens' receipt of the first prize in the furniture category of `Livingetc' magazine's Bright New Things Awards.
- Mayflower sails. // Cabinet Maker;09/08/2000, Issue 5204, p4
Reports the launching of The Mayflower collection by cabinet designer and maker Marietta King. Dominance of the English style in the collection; Inclusion of a hall and a writing table in the collection; Production of the collection by Rutland Cabinet Makers.
- Emerging Talent award. // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p29
Reports the recognition of furniture designer Cathrine Ahlenius with the Emerging Talent award in Great Britain. Qualifications of the award; Career profile of Ahlenius; Enumeration of judges.
- History lessons. // Cabinet Maker;08/07/98, Issue 5100, p13
Discusses the history of Italian furniture design and industry. Discovery of new manufacturing techniques in the 1960s that enabled the emergence of highly diversified materials and shapes; Consolidation of technological knowledge to give way to new stylistic impulses; Theme of ecological...
- Positive approach. Jordan, Anne // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p20
Looks at trends in furniture design in Great Britain. Living and dining furniture; Upholstery; Beds/bedroom furniture.
- Chair essentials. Lazell, David // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p12
Focuses on the trends affecting the design of furniture in Great Britain in 1951. Features of the Festival of Britain in London, England in 1951; Performance of the furniture industry in 1951; Design trends affecting chairs.