Bankers who like to say yes
- Bank lending shrinks. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p15
Reports on the decline in bank lending in Japan in October 1996.
- Property loans rising. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p17
Reports on the increase in bank loans to the property sector in Taiwan in the first nine months of 1996.
- Chartered banks: Quarterly classification of non-mortgage... // Bank of Canada Review;Winter96/97, pS24
Presents statistical information on the classification of non-mortgage loans on a quarterly basis by chartered banks in Canada from 1986 through 1996.
- Bank loans surge in low-income areas. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/96, Vol. 89 Issue 14, p8
Reports that there has been an acceleration of pledges made by banks to low-income areas, according to Allen Fishbein, general counsel at the Center for Community Change in Washington. Experience of Ann Deuel, when seeking a loan to build a home for homeless boys; Reasons for the increase in loans.
- Access to and availability of project financing. Bemis, James R. // Economic Development Review;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Spring 1992 p17
Discusses access to and availability of project financing. Financing an economic development project; Characteristics of a strong project; Credit factors banks use prior to granting a loan; Effect of the deregulation of international banking on project financing; Joint ventures.
- Bankers, the community, and economic development. Wilkinson, Jonnie // Economic Development Review;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Spring 1992 p24
Discusses the advantages to economic development of collaborating with leaders of lending institutions. Impact of the tactic on capital supply to the community; Lenders' awareness of government programs which can expand their lending reach; Keys to effective planning process.
- Bank loans and securities. // Economic Indicators;Jan1994, p28
Presents statistics on commercial bank loans in the United States from 1985 up to the fourth quarter of 1993.
- Bank credit at all commercial banks. // Economic Indicators;Apr94, p28
Presents statistics on commercial bank loans in the United States from 1988 up to the first quarter of 1994.
- Bank credit at all commercial banks. // Economic Indicators;Jun94, p28
Presents statistics on commerical bank loans in the United States from 1985 up to May 1994.
- Survey evidence of tighter credit conditions: What does it mean? Schreft, Stacey L.; Owens, Raymond E. // Economic Review (00946893);Mar/Apr91, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the results of the US Federal Reserve Board's Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey on Bank Lending Practices. General credit availability; Examination on survey responses; Changes in bank standards of creditworthiness; Unwillingness to lend. INSET: The consumer installment loan question..