Your questions answered
- Knowledge gap. // Cabinet Maker;4/6/2007, Issue 5532, p12
The article reports on the impact of furniture complaints to the retailers in Great Britain's furniture industry. Data show that customer complaints in upholstery reached 64.5 percent of the total number received. This was followed by cabinet furniture at 26.18 percent and beds at 9.32 percent....
- Upholstery still tops the complaints league. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2008, Issue 5573, p3
The article reports on the number of complaints received by the furniture industry in Great Britain in 2007. According to Consumer Direct Inc., fabric upholstery continues to receive more complaints than any other furniture. The said upholstery obtained 14,024 claims, which represents a 3.51%...
- Is there cause for complaint? // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p3
Explores the level of complaints about poor quality goods or services in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Problems with retailers and manufacturers; Weaknesses in handling complaints and quality control checks; Consumer complaint figures from the Office of Fair Trading.
- Shoppers complaints about pricing increase. // Cabinet Maker;7/30/2004, Issue 5399, p4
Reports on the complaints of consumers on the pricing methods of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Increase in the issues over selling techniques of retailers; Concern of shoppers on the unfair terms and conditions; Percentage of substandard goods and services in the upholstery complaints.
- Q+A. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p4
Provides answers to inquiries related to retail trade of home furnishings and furniture in Great Britain. Importance of stating the purpose and use of a particular furniture; Ways of handling consumer complaints concerning products marked as 'ex-display' and 'shop soiled.'
- FIRA targets retailers. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p6
This article reports that FIRA has plans to rebrand its offering to target the retailer in a package that offers testing, consultancy dispute resolution and a complaints service. Traditionally known as a testing organisation for furniture manufacturers, FIRA is widening its service as retailers...
- The blame game? // Cabinet Maker;3/2/2007, Issue 5527, p12
The article reports on the collaboration of "Cabinet Maker" and Furiture Industry Research Association to provide accurate market data that retailers can use to track trends in consumer complaints in Great Britain. By using the data effectively, retailers will be able to benchmark their own...
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p6
Answers questions about the furniture industry. Customer's complaint about fabric's wearing prematurely; Complaint about a creaking bed; Redress for consumer who had expressed satisfaction over a repair.
- Qualitas to introduce complaint deadline. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p6
Reports the introduction of a cut-off date for details on consumer complaints by furniture standards body Qualitas in Great Britain. Improvement of response rate; Recognition of customer, retailer and suppliers complaints; Establishment of a deadline for complaint submission.