Mail order firm had deficit of 500,000 pounds
- Contact established. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p2
Announces the failure of upholstery firms Lincoln House, Medallion Upholstery and Quantum Design.
- Meridian closes doors. // Furniture/Today;7/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p6
The article reports that upholstery producer Meridian Furniture Manufacturing has closed its operation in Iuka, Mississippi which displaces 35 employees.
- Letters. Hutchison, Julia; Black, Bryan; Barraclough, Chris // Precision Marketing;7/27/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to previously published articles including "Can't get no satisfaction" in the June 15, 2007 issue, "How not to get trashed" in the June 18, 2007 issue, and one which takes notice on the closure of the Keevill Barton Kershaw, an independent...
- Cataloguers face era of 'hyper-specialization'. // Marketing News;5/9/86, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p5
The article presents the highlights of a speech delivered by Maxwell Sroge, publisher of Maxwell Sroge Publishing Inc., during the International Direct Marketing Symposium in Montreux, Switzerland. According to Sroge, mail catalog operators are facing an era of hyper-specialization. He...
- BlueSky's bad deal. Dowling, Melissa // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Apr2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p5
The author comments on the news about the demise of multitle catalog mailer/fulfillment house BlueSky Brands. She states that the company owned several brands such as Paragon Gifts, Bits and Pieces and Winterthur gift catalogs. She cites some speculations about the reason behind the company's...
- Hallmark Flowers ditching direct. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Apr2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the plan of Hallmark Flowers to shut down its direct-to-consumer flowers and gifts business by the end of April 2008. The Hallmark Cards subsidiary decided to close the unit following an analysis of the business and marketplace which revealed that financial results...
- Cold Christmas for direct seller. Robertson, Edward // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;12/23/2005, Issue 1801, p2
The article focuses on the business failure of direct selling tour operators. A direct-sell tour operator has collapsed after starting a business using travel agents to sell door to door. Bob Cole Group Travel, based in Kent, specialized in sports and social club travel. It folded on Monday with...
- Memphis Chair out of business. // Furniture/Today;07/17/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p12
Cites the closure of promotional upholstery producer Memphis Chair in May 2000, after six years in business.
- Good times start at the mailbox. Rennicke, Jeff // Backpacker;Sep92, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p62
Presents a guide to hassle-free catalog shopping. Mail-order horror stories; The advantage to mail-order shopping; Amount of subscribers to `Backpacker' who ordered through the mail; Growth in the industry; Importance of dealing with a reputable company; Using up-to-date catalogs; Being...