- Furniture is viable says Templeman. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;5/12/2006, Issue 5487, p5
The article focuses on the campaign of Rob Templeman, chief executive officer of Great Britain-based department store chain Debenhams, for shareholders to give the furniture business a chance. Furniture sales at the store was less than expected. Templeman has stated that furniture has remained a...
- Debenhams set for Â£18m review. // Marketing (00253650);4/21/2004, p3
Debenhams PLC is reviewing its Â£18m media account out of Carat. The decision follows its change in ownership and the appointment of former Homebase chief Rob Templeman as chief executive. A Debenhams spokeswoman confirmed the search for a media agency. She said it would be reviewing all...
- Movers. // Horticulture Week;6/17/2011, p48
The article announces several appointments including Peter Falder as general manager of Dobbies garden centre in Carlisle, Scotland, Catriona Marshall as chief executive officer (CEO) of HobbyCraft and Rob Templeman as chairman of Debenhams.
- HomeBase shifts to home fashions. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p1
Reports on renovations at the Homebase Inc., parent company of the home improvement chain HomeBase. Withdrawal from the home improvement business; Conversion of majority of the company's HomeBase locations into House2Homes; Comments of Herb Zarkin, chairman of HomeBase, on reasons behind the...
- Chaffin retires from Cresent; Belote tapped. // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p40
Reports the retirement of retailer Cresent Wholesale general manager Bruce Chaffin in Nashville, Tennessee. Contribution of Chaffin to the company; Mention of Executive Vice President Frank Belote as his replacement.
- Dealers seek new growth opportunities at Orgill market. Evans, Teri // Home Channel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that retail strategies are now focusing on growth of the Orgill Spring Market in Orlando, Florida to expand sales in which some of the retail costumers. Ron Beal, Orgill's president and CEO has added about 500,000 square feet of space to devoted for at least 25 percent more...
- Conference offers tale of two panels. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Aug98, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p76
Compares the Voluntary Interindustry Commerce Standards Conference's (VICS) Supply Chain Roundtable event to Retail Systems 1998 Conference's Chief Executive Officers Summit. Advantages of the CIO Summit over the Supply Chain Roundtable; Need of the panel to conduct critical planning to be...
- RETAIL EXECS RANK HIGH ON FORBES 400. // Retail Traffic;Nov2004, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the ranking of the retail executives in the U.S. as of November 2004. List of wealthy executives; Income of the retail managers.
- Commanding presence. Gale, Julian // Cabinet Maker;02/04/2000, Issue 5173, p18
Profiles British Shops and Stores Association chief executive John Dean. Career in the British Army; Views on the lack of communication among businesses; Focus on communication with organization members; Dean as a defender of furniture retailers in Great Britain.