Changes offer store protection
- Midwest Mecca? Gose, Joe // Shopping Center World;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p38
Focuses on retail markets ideal for big-box tenants and big-name developers in Midwestern part of the U.S. Expansion of malls and department stores in different areas; Population growth in the area; Development of marketplace in the area. INSET: The big Kansas bet.
- The balance of power. Bergsman, Steve // Shopping Center World;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p68
Discusses the reformation of the balance of power between landlords and tenants caused by retail vacancies in the U.S. Measurement of vacancy rates among neighborhood and community centers; Reason for the decline of vacancy rates; Existence of percentage rates in a variety of leases for a...
- Glimcher names Seattle outlet tenants. // Value Retail News;
The article announces the retailer tenants, including Coach, Brooks Brothers and Nike, at the renovated The Outlet Collection of Glimcher Realty Trust in Seattle, Washington.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;9/8/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p0045
A correction to the article "Retail Landlords Mix It Up" that was published in the September 1, 2014 issue is presented.
- Carts, kiosks & compromises. Rice, Candace // Shopping Center World;Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the mutual benefit for retail tenants and landlords of common area leases. Facilities that can provide for short or month-to-month terms; Discussion of lease agreements used in carts and kiosks.
- Food places fill empty tech spaces. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;7/21/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p4
Food is taking the place of technology as two local restaurants and a fat-free ice cream shop are filling in East Side retail space vacated by electronics stores, as of July 31, 2003. The closure of local wireless stores reflects increased competition as national players such as Cingular have...
- Learning to love the money pit. Christoffer, Marti // Shopping Center World;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p156
Presents guide in searching for retail space by first-time tenants. Demand of a retail landlord; Description of a retail lease; Cost of tenant's bid-out as an incentive.
- The Structure of a Retail Lease. Benjamin, John D.; Chinloy, Peter // Journal of Real Estate Research;Apr-Jun2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p223
This paper develops an option-theoretic model of a retail lease. The standard retail lease contains provisions for a security deposit, a base rent, and a percentage rent or a sharing between landlord and tenant of rent revenue above a preset sales threshold or break point level. The findings...
- Northern star. Hamilton, Helen // Estates Gazette;3/31/2012, Issue 1213, p64
The article reports on the efforts of satellite towns in Manchester, England to prevent shoppers from gravitating to the town center. It examines the performance rankings of the retail centers. It offers information on the increase in retail tenants in Stockport, England the development...