Finding Our Way Out of Reliability Hell
- RELIABILITY CATCHING UP WITH LOW HEAT RATES IN IMPORTANCE. // Power Engineering;Jan2001, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the efforts of electric utilities to improve the reliability of their power plants. Effects of the industry deregulation on utilities.
- thorough analysis of T&D system required to prevent future blackouts. Martino, Bill // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p24
Asserts that electric utilities must undertake a thorough distribution system analysis to prevent future blackouts. Result when deregulation creates an economic environment when return on investment cannot be achieved; Importance of clean power; Achievement of 99.9999999% reliability.
- UBICACION CONFIABLE OPTIMA DE RECURSOS EN UNA RED DE DISTRIBUCION ELECTRICA. G., Ricardo Baeza; P., Jos� Rodr�guez; Hern�ndez S., Juan L. // Theor�a: Ciencia, Arte y Humanidades;2003, Vol. 12, p55
Within the framework of electrical deregulation, the distribution utilities must invest new resources to improve their provided services and increase energy sales, to maintain a reliable supply according with present regulations and avoiding penalties and compensations. In this paper, a method...
- Congressional Action on Electricity Restructuring: Time is Running Out. // Buildings;Aug2000, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the legislation in the United States (U.S.) Congress aimed to address the reliability issues concerning the deregulation of the electric utility industry. Actions taken by the U.S. Senate and House on comprehensive deregulation legislation; Impact on the commercial real estate...
- ENSURING RELIABILITY. Ferguson, Ken; DiMatteo, Sandra // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Feb2003, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p10
Assesses the reliability and efficiency of equipment used in power utilities in the U.S. Transformation of the approach to maintenance; Features of the reliability software; Impact of personnel shortage on the industry.
- Increase transformer reliability and availability from condition assessment to site repair. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/ 1/2012, p3
The article focuses on transformer condition assessment methodology and on-site repair solution as a means to increase reliability and availability of transformers.
- Electric reliability: A delicate balancing act. Hazan, Earl // Transmission & Distribution World;Oct98, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the importance for electric utilities to weigh the benefits of system automation while monitoring costs and reliability. Issue of system reliability in North America; Diagnostic technique for assessment of reliability; Measures for enhancing reliability; Reliability issues worldwide....
- Working in Obscurity or Getting No Respect. Eby, Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Nov2000, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p6
Describes the work that goes into the formulation of standards used in electrical engineering in the United States. Customers' demand for assurance on the reliability of products and systems; Advent of additional standards concerning metallic duct, tubings, fluorescent adapters and power...
- Load-Shared Power Supplies Boost System Reliability. Davis, Sam // Power Electronics Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p76
Discusses the importance of load-sharing to improve electric power system reliability. Equal distribution of load currents among paralleled voltage-stabilized supplies; Hot-swap advantages of load-sharing; Function of load-share controller.