Moody's Upgrades New York City Health and Hospitals Corp
- Midwifery rules issued. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s systemwide rules for the utilization of nurse midwives in hospitals. Nurse midwifery; Problems in city-hospital delivery rooms.
- HHC asks Rudy and the city for a little TLC. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the potential deficit faced by New York City's Health and Hospitals Corp. in January 2001. Factors contributing to the gap between HHC revenues and expenses; Returns from the city hospitals' cost cutting and productivity increases; Anticipation of how Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will...
- Giuliani seeks big Medicaid cuts. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the Medicaid spending cuts proposed by New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Governor George Pataki. Effect on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. which receives more than half its revenues from Medicaid.
- Bellevue explores ways to cut ties to New York's HHC. Benson, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;10/2/95, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p33
Reports on New York City-based Bellevue Hospital Center's search for ways to sever ties with the city's Health and Hospitals Corp. Exploration of financial structures; Impact on center's operations; New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's plan to get the city out of the hospital business.
- Turning around. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;05/19/97, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p40
Presents information on New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC), focusing on its financial and operational accomplishments since 1993. Number of primary-care visits recorded by HHC in 1996; Amount of HHCs hospitals which have received accreditation from the Joint Commission on...
- New York City hospital agency announces widespread layoffs. // Primary Care Weekly;05/27/96, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s announcement of massive layoffs of unionized employees. Estimated number of cut jobs; Reasons for the layoff.
- Relentless cost-cutting is Rx for Bronx institution. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;12/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the cost-cutting strategy of the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, New York City. Financial troubles of Jacobi's parent Health & Hospitals Corp.; Negotiation for full-risk capitation Medicaid contracts.
- Doctor deal. // Crain's New York Business;09/01/97, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p34
Reports that New York City is expected to pay $253 million to 375 doctors to operate Jacobi Medical Center and North Central Bronx Hospital. Response of both hospitals to the proposal.
- Budget deficit forces job cuts at HHC. // Modern Healthcare;5/06/96, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p24
Reports on New York Health and Hospitals Corp.'s (HHC) plans to eliminate jobs in 1996 as part of a cost-cutting effort to combat a projected 1997 budget deficit. Comments from system president Luis Marcos; HHC's losses during the 1995 fiscal year; Consideration of closing some hospitals;...