Florida's Olympic Dream Features Bond Sale for Stadium
- Gov. Davis Set to Boost San Francisco Bay's Olympic Hopes With Bond Bill. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p35
Reports the plan of Governor Gray Davis to sign a 250 million dollars of bonds as a guarantee of funding the 2012 Olympic Games in San Francisco, California. Conditions for the issuance of the bonds; Cost in hosting the Olympics; Advantage of the bid.
- Southeast bond-watch. McEntee, Christopher; DeSue, Tedra; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p27
Reports on developments in the bond market in the Southeastern United States, as of March 2, 2000. Plan by Tampa, Florida, to bid for the right to host the 2012 Olympic Games; North American Stainless' expansion of its manufacturing facility in Carroll County, Kentucky; Plan by Fairfax County,...
- The Olympic Games. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p194
Offers a plethora of information about the Olympic Games. Brief history of the Games; The 1996 Summer Games in Atlanta, Georgia as the 100th anniversary of the modern Olympic Games; Timeline of Olympic firsts; Sites of the 1996, 1998, 2000 and 2002 Games; List of Olympic sports.
- The Olympic Games. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p204
Discusses the modern Olympic Games. Brief history of the ancient Greek Olympic Games; Timeline of some Olympic firsts; Facts on the 1996 Olympics, held in Atlanta, Georgia, the 100th anniversary of the modern Olympics; Sites of the Winter Games for 1998 and 2002; Site of the 2000 Summer Games;...
- Olympic fever strikes; marketers eye '94, '96. Levin, Gary // Advertising Age;7/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p39
Reports that marketers are already looking ahead to Lillehammer, Norway, and Atlanta, sites of the 1994 Winter Olympics and the 1996 Summer Olympics respectively; ISL Marketing has already signed Coca-Cola Co. as the first sponsor in its The Olympic Program III; Other companies close to being...
- BA dumped for Cyprus Airways. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2003, Issue 2590, p7
Reports on the removal of British Airways as the official airline carrier for the Great Britain team to represent the Olympic Games in Athens, Greece in 2004.
- back story sporting spirit. // Engineer (00137758);9/20/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7802, p24
No abstract available.
- S. Africa reinstated to Olympic Games. // Jet;7/29/91, Vol. 80 Issue 15, p46
Reports on the mixed reaction to the International Olympic Committee's (IOC's) decision to reinstate South Africa to international eligibility. Comment from Black Pan Africanist Congress; Comment by IOC officials.
- The power and the glory. Pilger, John // New Statesman & Society;8/7/92, Vol. 5 Issue 214, p10
Reflects on the meaning of the Olympic Games. Memories of the brave, failed anti-fascist Workers' Games--the People's Olympiad--in Barcelona in 1936; Role played by Barcelona in the country's civil war; How today's games differ from those before; Case studies of Olympic winners and those who...