Secretary Charges Energy 'Crisis' Caused by Unwillingness to Build
- Germany keen to invest in energy sector. // Technology Times;7/29/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the interest expressed by German private energy companies to invest in the energy sector of Pakistan with possible ventures of setting up power plants in Punjab to allow the province to cope with the energy crisis and improve its electricity production.
- Belarus: The Talk Is Of Opening Up. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/12/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p16
The article discusses the efforts of the Belarusian government to cope with the higher cost of energy supply from Russia. The government is planning to secure $1 billion worth of syndicated foreign loans to subsidize imported Russian energy supply. The government is also planning to build the...
- Optimal integration of hybrid (wind-solar) system with diesel power plant using HOMER. SIDDIQUE, Muhammad Noman; AHMAD, Aftab; NAWAZ, Muhammad Kashif; BUKHARI, Syed Basit Ali // Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences;2015, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1547
Most energy worldwide is supplied through conventional energy sources, such as thermal, hydro, and nuclear. There have been serious energy crises in the last couple of years and so it is essential to consider renewable energy sources. This paper proposes a cost-effective solution for integrating...
- Plan to burn tsunami wreckage in power stations. // Modern Power Systems;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the intention of the Japanese government to set up power plants that will burn the wood wreckage left behind by the earthquake and tsunami in March 2011 to help solve two problems such as power shortages and debris disposal.
- K-2 Nuclear Power Plant inaugurated. // Technology Times;8/31/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the construction of the Karachi Nuclear Power Plants (Kanupp) K2 to solve energy crisis in Pakistan.
- CALIFORNIA ENERGY CRUNCH. // World Almanac for Kids;2002, p68
Since late 2000, California has faced severe electricity shortages. This happened partly because of a complicated new plan in which California's electric utility companies sold their power plants, then had to buy power at prices that went way up, instead of going down as had been expected. ...
- Drought leads to Vietnam electricity supply shortage. // International Power Generation;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the growing dependence on electricity and extended drought in Vietnam will lead to the country's electricity supply shortage. Percentage increase in the electricity being bought by Electricity of Viet Nam during the first 16 weeks of 2005; Reason behind the possible closure of the...
- Nevada Power Co. Struggles To Recover After Hard Blows. Armistead, Thoms F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/20/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 7, p29
The article presents information on Nevada Power Co., LasVegas, which is struggling to recover after hard blows. Nevada Power Co. was broadsided by California's energy crisis in 2000-01. It has been making progress catching up from the deficit of a few years before. In October 2004, Nevada Power...
- UK energy supply: winter of discontent likely for only a few. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Dec2005, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p150
The article discusses energy supply in Great Britain. The total gas demand in Great Britain can be divided into three streams; power plants, residential and a combined industrial and commercial sector, each taking roughly a third of total consumption. All of the power plants as well as 1,700 of...