NABL Queries Groups About Opinions
- NABL Lists Concerns for the IRS to Address This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p5
Reports that the National Association of Bond Lawyers has submitted a wish list to the United States Internal Revenue Service for regulatory actions. Formulation of the agency's 2001 regulatory priority plan; American Bar Association's tax section.
- NABL Committee Nominates New Officers and Board Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p5
Reports on the nomination of officers and board members by the five-member committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) in the United States. Details on the terms of the officers; Approval of the nomination by the members of the NABL; Enumeration of nominees and board members...
- Groups Urge Immediate Guidance on BAB Pricing. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/27/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33306, p6
The article reports that the Government Finance Officers Association, the National Association of Bond Lawyers, the Regional Bond Dealers Association, and the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) encouraged that U.S. Department of the Treasury to release interim guidance...
- NABL, SIFMA: Ratepayers' JeffCo Appeal Undermines Market. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;12/22/2014, Issue 34230, p1
Municipal bond groups are seeking federal appeals court guidance in a ratepayer appeal of part of Jefferson County, Ala.'s Chapter 9 bankruptcy plan, saying the district court decision allowing a challenge of the plan threatens to undermine market stability.
- NABL, SIFMA: Ratepayers' JeffCo Appeal Undermines Market. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;12/19/2014, p11
The article discusses the friend of the court briefs filed by the National Association of Bond Lawyers and Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association with the Atlanta Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals supporting the Jefferson County, Alabama Chapter 9 bankruptcy plan. It is noted that...
- Jefferson County Litigants Object to NABL, SIFMA Briefs. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;1/05/2015, p37
The article reports that the appellants seeking to overturn the bankruptcy plan for Jefferson County, Florida have opposed the briefs submitted by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABLE) and Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) to the 11th Circuit Court of...
- Alternative Method in New Issue Price Proposal Criticized. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;9/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
Market participants expressed some criticisms of the alternative method for determining issue price under rules proposed in June and said it was unlikely to be used very often.
- NABL Reaffirms Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p1
Reports that National Association of Bond Lawyers has reaffirmed its support for the use of unqualified bond opinions in the municipal market. Modifications in the basis under which a bond lawyer can conclude that one can render an unqualified opinion; Explanation of bond opinions.
- Panelists Key in on Derivatives Disclosure, Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p4
Reports on the topics discussed during the National Association of Bond Lawyers' Bond Attorneys' Workshop in Chicago, Illinois. Discussion on derivatives disclosures; Effects of the generally accepted accounting principles on audit options; Need for lawyers in bond offerings to obtain...