FSA Seeks TheMuniCenter Stake; Moody's Reviewing FSA Holdings
- The MuniCenter Platform Adds Two New Investors. Chen, Tanya // Securities Industry News;05/14/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p33
Reports that electronic securities trading platform MuniCenter has secured investments from Lehman Brothers Global Asset Management Ltd. and Financial Security Assurance. Reason why Lehman Brothers and Financial Security decided to invest in MuniCenter; Terms of agreement between the online...
- The MuniCenter Confirms Lehman, FSA as Both Investors and Providers. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p6
Reports the investment of Financial Security Assurance (FSA) Inc. and Lehman Brothers in the electronic trading platform of MuniCenter in Chicago, Illinois. Access to online municipal bond insurance for the secondary market; Expectation for additional insurance providers; Representation of FSA...
- Virtual Finance: A key to the sites. Kelly, Susan // Treasury & Risk Management;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the proliferation of Web trading and new-issuance Web sites in the United States. Confusion among corporate treasurers on which site to use; Sites available for electronic trading of bonds; Distinction in online trading sites; Multidealer foreign exchange platforms.
- Four easy steps to online trading. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;11/26/99, p38
Advises individuals on how to start trading online. Purchase of a computer; Subscription to an Internet service provider and a modem; Subscription to an online trading site; Holding of investment research such as visiting different sites for free information on trading and investments.
- Financial Security Assurance expands, especially in the West. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p33
Reports on the performance of Financial Security Assurance Inc. as of October 24, 1997. Increase on its national market share; Attribution of its success to a fully staffed office in San Francisco, California; Benefits of its acquisition of Capital Guaranty Insurance Co.
- FSA rises in the bond insurers ranks. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30427, p38
Reports on the rise in Financial Security Assurance's market position for the first half of 1998. Result of a reshuffle among bond insurers.
- PaineWebber targets third quarter for net-based retail trading. Burger, Andrew // Securities Industry News;06/07/99, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on Paine Webber Inc.'s plan to add online trading to its PaineWebber Edge Web site during the third quarter of 1999. Goal of positioning itself at the forefront of emerging online brokerage services; Combination of advice and online trading; Affluent investors' propensity to seek out...
- Cell-phone trading gives `dialing for dollars' new meaning. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p17
Reports that Robert Stein, chief executive officer of Chicago, Illinois-based Stockbrokers.com, has registered the domain name of CellTrader.com. Deal with GoAmerica Inc. to offer wireless trading of futures and stocks; Number of brokers who have signed up with the service; Financing sources...
- Fidelity Investments Revamps Its Trading Site . ANDERSON, AMY L. // American Banker;9/28/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 186, p10
Focuses on the relaunching of the restructured Web site for electronic securities trading of Fidelity Investments Inc. Quality of the brokerage offering of the site; Use of more sophisticated research tools such as Nasdaq level II quotes.