the online diet
- Weight Loss. // Men's Health;May2014, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p36
The article highlights several research on weight loss, which includes a research from Canada that dispelled the effectiveness of weight loss diets based on blood type and the less belly fat found among those who are on the Mediterranean Diet according to a study published in the "British...
- Count your calories carefully. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr93, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p37
Advises people trying to lose weight to keep closer tabs on exactly how much they eat and how much they exercise in order to increase their chances of success. Reason why people fail when reducing; Study on unsuccessful attempts at weight loss.
- Nutritious Eating-Without Any Guesswork. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, following p4
Presents a ten-day meal plan for people who want to lose weight. Nutrition value of the plan; Types of food included in the plan; Materials needed when following the plan.
- WHAT TO EXPECT FROM: WEIGHT LOSS DIETS. Rubin, Karen Wilk // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p78
Discusses the various weight loss diets. Low carbohydrate and high protein diet; Diet of celebrity Suzanne Somers; Low fat diet; Explanation on volumetrics.
- A new direction for weight loss. Bricklin, Mark; Stanten, Michele // Prevention;Mar96, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p23
Editorial. Asserts that if a person ate foods with health as their primary concern, weight loss would automatically follow. Foods like lettuces, vegetables, fruits and fish as high in nutrients but also low in fat and calories; Importance of concentrating on choosing foods according to health...
- YOUR 4-WEEK FAST MEAL PLANNER. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Jun2014, Special Section p12
A chart is presented that shows an easy diet plan for quickly shedding pounds in 28 days.
- We tested 4 POPULAR DIETS. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/7/2003, p36
Evaluates several reducing diet plans. Atkins New Diet Revolution; Weight Watchers Pure Points; The Slim-Fast Plan; Rosemary Conley's Eat Yourself Slim Diet.
- Diet, Exercise Yield Similar Weight-Loss Effects. Wagner, Elizabeth // Life Extension;May2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p19
The article reports on the study on the effects of a 25 percent energy deficit on weight. According to the study, reduced calorie intake and exercise are effective in promoting weight loss. Both energy-deficit groups lost approximately 10 percent of their body weight, 24 percent of their body...
- A CHEMICAL Cosh. // Ecologist;Dec2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p38
This article states that industrial chemicals profoundly alter several aspects of human metabolism and appetite control. Research at the University of Laval in Quebec has added to the understanding of just how wide-ranging the effects of an over-polluted body can be. In the late 1990s Professor...