Wireless ISPs Scurry To Find Success
- LIVING IN LIMBO. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;3/11/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 10, p21
Discusses the challenges facing the wireless communications industry. Description of the industry's business situation; Role of the economy in the state of the industry; Details of obstructions to stability; Benefits from uncertainty.
- The Year of Debt. Sextro, Darren // Wireless Review;09/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p120
Reflects on the financial problems facing wireless communication system carriers in the United States. Budget for year-2000 costs and expenses; Focus on customer services; Experience of the author with a wireless network.
- Wireless investments contribute to 3Q venture capital boom. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;11/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p29
Discusses the third-quarter venture capital market of telecommunication and wireless communications industry. Statistics of the capital market; Comment of Brian H. Dovey of the National Venture Capital Association on the economic growth of the industry; Category of telecom/wireless investment...
- Untitled. // RCR;11/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p42
Presents stocks of telecommunication industry, wireless communications system industry and paging companies. Information on telecommunication market indices; List of companies' gains and losses.
- In the End, It's Still About Jobs. Worthman, Ernest // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2003, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p4
Discusses economic issues concerning the wireless technology industry in the U.S. Traditional meaning of economic recovery; Use of the stock market as an economic recovery barometer by the government; Estimated number of jobs that were lost during the business failures of dot.com companies.
- Open Season on the Market. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;11/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p34
Discusses the economic impact of the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001 on the wireless communications network industry. Growth in customers of Verizon Wireless for the third quarter of 2001; Increase in phones sales; Factors to consider for telecommunication...
- Downward Spiral. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;4/30/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p54
Comments on the impact of market downturn on the telecommunications industry. Positive effects of market downturn; Factors attributed to Winstar Communications' bankruptcy problem; Other broadband wireless firms having financial trouble; Concerns over the entire broadband wireless market.
- Recession Puts These Network Vendors to the Test. Ramsay, Maisie // Wireless Week;7/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the state of the wireless network testing industry in the U.S. during the recession in 2009. It explores the benefits gained by the industry from the expansion and strong growth of networks. It indicates the increase in the need for testing due to the move of mobile phone...
- Wireless Connectivity Chipsets Revenues to Exceed $10 Billion in 2012, Wi-Fi Chipsets Account for 40 percent of the Market, Says ABI Research. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;Sep2012, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p13
The article discusses a study conducted by ABI Research Inc. which reveals that the revenues of wireless connectivity chipsets will surpass $10 billion in 2012. Wireless connectivity practice director Peter Cooney says that the market continues to develop with wireless technologies. It says that...