U.S. Robotics Moving Into Broadband
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Jul2006, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p14
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication in Great Britain. Vodafone Group PLC and Softbank Corp. had a partnership to develop cutting-edge handsets and software. Net2Phone Inc., a VoIP service provider had filed a suit against eBay-owned Skype Technologies Inc. for alleged...
- Broadband is music to my ears. Dux, Simon // Total Telecom Magazine;Dec2003, p21
Reports on the launch of a wireless-fidelity and high-fidelity (WiFi HiFi) system by Philips and KPN in Netherlands in December 2003. Features of the WiFi HiFi system; Percentage of households in the country with broadband connection; Other telecommunication companies which partnered by Philips...
- middle east. // Lightwave;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the strategic alliance formed by ECI Telecom BV and Nortel Networks Corp. to deliver broadband access networking equipment in February 2004.
- The fixed-line fightback. Morris, Iain // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec2006, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on the initiatives taken by fixed-line telephone companies to remain in competition. In this regard, it throws light on the report of KPMG titled "Global Telecommunications Financial Performance Tracker." These telephone companies are reported to be launching new broadband...
- Company Spotlight: AT&T. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Mar2008, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p38
The article discusses the services and operation of AT&T, the biggest telecommunications provider, in the U.S. The company highlights some of their marketing initiatives for the improvement of their business operations including the strategic alliance agreement with Yahoo to create important...
- Incumbent telcos: prosperity begins at home. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p139
Reports on the strategic alliance between Microsoft Corp. and BT Group PLC to sell broadband Internet services in Great Britain. Terms of the agreement; Growth strategy of BT; Factors affecting the status of the broadband market.
- Microsoft and BT join forces. // New Media Age;11/14/2002, p10
Reports on the strategic alliance between Microsoft and British Telecom (BT) regarding the provision of business and consumer broadband products. Economic benefits of the alliance on BT; Terms of agreement; Objectives of the alliance.
- Accenture and Alcatel-Lucent collaborate to help clients monetize ultra-broadband opportunities. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;10/3/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p7
The article reports on a strategic alliance formed by consulting firm Accenture and networking solutions provider Alcatel-Lucent to help communications service providers (CSPs) implement ultra-broadband solutions. Topics mentioned include challenges facing CSPs due to increased data consumption...
- BT links with Turner TV for broadband service. Michaelczyk, Imelda // Marketing (00253650);4/27/2000, p3
Reports that British Telecom (BT) has signed up Turner Broadcasting System's Cartoon Network and CNN brands to provide content for its broadband service. Service's offer of programs and motion pictures over the Internet; Features of the BT asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) technology;...