U.S. Drives The Telematics Show
- Editor's Notes. Bryant, Bob // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p1
Comments on the emergence of in-car telematics technology in the United States. Predicted sales growth of telematics equipment and services; Services offered by in-vehicle devices using telematics; Safety concerns of industry observers about the potential of the technology.
- Fowler Welch goes for Cybit. // Motor Transport;7/23/2009, p10
The article reports on move of Fowler Welch-Coolchain Ltd. in investing 1 million pounds in Cybit telematics package. It notes that the Fleetstar-Online package is designed to integrate with its existing Cybit transport management system, to allow the firm to communicate directly with its...
- THE MOBILE MESS. Del-Colle, Andrew // Popular Mechanics;Mar2012, Vol. 189 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses car buyers' increasing demand for smartphone integration and internet connectivity in automobiles despite the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board's recent call for a nationwide ban on in-car cellphone use. As reported, one of the most advanced automobile infotainment...
- AAA Avid About Telematics. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p17
No abstract available.
- Telematics Integrates GPS, GIS, and Wireless. Sauret, Pere // GPS World;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p40
Reports that the Royal Automobile Club of Catalonia is testing an intelligent transportation system (ITS) in Barcelona, Spain. Use of telematics by integrating location-based messaging with global positioning system technology; Technical communications which must first be resolved; Consumer...
- Privacy, cost haunt advanced crash system acceptance. Guyer, Lillie // Automotive News;12/3/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5960, p6T-L
Focuses the advocacy for the development of crash notification and location device for automobiles in the United States. Efficacy of the emergency communication systems; Financial constraints in adding electronic equipment to vehicles; Advocacy of Comcare Alliance for the development of the...
- System architecture de-construction. Gifford, Jonathan L. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/28/94, Vol. 233 Issue 22, Intelligent Highway... p26
Discusses the development of system architecture in Intelligent Vehicle-Highway Systems technology. Approaches to the development of a system architecture; Commissioning of four competing architectures; Activities by the four teams; Effects of the change of name for IVHS of America.
- AAA gets under the hood of database design. Scheier, Robert // PC Week;5/2/94, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p1
Features the development of a hybrid of relational and object-oriented database systems by the American Automobile Association. Separation of the Windows-based presentation layer from the business logic; Retrieval and transmission of Informix data by remote procedure calls; Construction of...
- Nokia ready for growth in telematics. // Automotive News Europe;10/25/99, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the plans of Finnish telecommunications equipment maker Nokia AB Oy to launch a second-generation telematics terminal unit for cars by the end of 2000. Prediction of Kalevi Kaartinen of Nokia Smart Traffic Products on telematic systems in cars; Technologies which Nokia's telematics...