Nokia's Optimistic 3G Vision
- Wireless Internet boosted by services rollout. // R&D Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p15
Presents a forecast on the growth of the wireless data and Internet market by 2006, according to Scottsdale, Arizona-based research firm In-Stat/MDR. Possible contribution of next-generation wireless communication services to the growth rate of the market; Potential competitive advantage of the...
- Nokia Sales to Fall Up to 20%. // Electronic News;3/17/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Predicts the decline in sales of Nokia Networks in the first quarter of 2003. Rate of the expected decline in sales of the company in the mobile phone market; Factors that will influence the operating result of the firm.
- Analysts waffle on handset projections. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p7
The article provides shipment projections for mobile handsets globally in 2006. Analysts have been cautious to emphasize that the two juggernauts in handset sales, Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc., remain on target and likely will increase their market share and their long-term share of industry...
- FYI. // Wireless Week;4/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p16
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Comparison of the net sales of Nokia between the first quarter of 2004 and the first quarter of 2003; Investigation into Nortel Networks' accounting by the Securities and Exchange Commission; Estimated...
- Wireless suppliers issue quarterly guidance. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p3
Focuses on the second-quarter performance forecast of wireless infrastructure and handset providers in the U.S. in 2002. Decline in the second quarter net sales of Nokia; Partnership formed by AT&T Wireless with Nokia; Stock trading value of Lucent.
- Industry enjoys upbeat long-term outlook. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the potential growth of the wireless communication industry in 2005. Status of the industry in the U.S. and Japan; Increase in revenue expectations by Nokia Corp. for the fourth quarter of the year; Views of Declan Lonergan, director of European wireless research at Yankee Group, on...
- The Revenue Streams of 2005. Smith, Steve // EContent;Dec2004, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p14
This article presents the author's forecast on online advertising revenues in 2005. Once they get beyond ring tones and wallpaper, mobile phone users demonstrate an appetite for data, from stock and sports tickers to news alerts and soap opera updates. The comfort level with receiving content by...
- International markets will present opportunities for fixed wireless. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p37
Focuses on an outlook for business opportunities for fixed wireless services in the United States.
- TRADITIONAL PDAs VS. WIRELESS PDAs. // Telephony;11/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p26
Forecasts the growth and percentage sale and shipment of traditional personal digital assistants (PDA) as compared with wireless PDA from 2002 to 2008. Shipments; Percentage growth; Implications for the industry.