The Fruitful Future Of Wireless Billing
- Hands-free. // Wireless Asia;5/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Describes a prototype of the Mind Switch which enables control of devices through measuring signals from the brain. Inclusion of an electrode head cap that sends commands through a wireless messaging system to a personal computer; Areas of application.
- Size Matters. Little, Matthew J. // Products Finishing;Aug2002, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p10
Presents an article about the development of small wireless communication devices. Initial problem with small wireless devices; Advantages of smaller devices.
- Programmable switching: The flexible foundation. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/4/96 Supplement PCS Edge, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p22
Presents information on programmable switches. Cost price to deploy a major switch; How programmable switched are marketed; Effects on the wireless industry.
- Manufacturers readying equipment for OC-192 speed. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;2/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p22
Introduces the OC-192 wireless communication transmission over fiber at 9.953 Gbps. Interest in the OC-192 transmission gear by regional Bell operating companies (RBOCs); Superiority to the traditional OC-48 (2.448 Gbps); Deployment of 10 Gbps by MCI Communications Corp.; 10 Gbps transmission...
- Jockeying for position. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;01/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on the race for the third-generation wireless technology. Lesson learned from the second-generation technology war; Sufficient demand for multiple standards; Shifting of the public switched telephone network toward data traffic.
- Cellular will get new challengers in mobile communications field. Bowser, Andrew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/30/94, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the development of wireless communications technology which could compete with cellular phones. Enhanced specialized mobile radio (ESMR) which offers clear voice quality, call privacy and a more integrated package of communications services; Personal communications systems (PCS)...
- WHAT'S HOT. // Caribbean Business;10/4/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p31
Features several technological innovations. Design of Ericsson T66 mobile phone; Capacity of Apple iBook notebook; Purpose of designing ViewSonic VP230mb multimedia display.
- Reporter's notebook. // Telephony;10/10/94, Vol. 227 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the latest technological development in wireless telecommunication. Independent Telecommunication Network's network management database product Roamer On-Line Support Service (ROSS); Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association's Seamless Roaming Implementation Guide.
- The new space race. Osterland, Andrew // Financial World;9/1/97, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p102
Discusses technological innovations in wireless communications through the use of satellites. Advantages and disadvantages of using high-orbiting geosynchronous earth orbiting satellites (GEOs); Proposed solution to GEO systems problems; Major companies involved in wireless communication...