VCs Regroup After The Storm
- VENTURE CAPITAL: FINANCIAL AND TAX CONSIDERATIONS. Frankel, Alan T.; Vallone, Charles J.; Lisa, James R.; Colson, Robert H. // CPA Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p60
Discusses the role of venture capitalists (VC) in the U.S. economy. Job descriptions of a VC; Information on venture capital funds; Exit strategy of a VC; Details on fund management.
- VENTURE CAPITAL. Pandya, Mukul; Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;08/08/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p6
Focuses on an increase in venture capital investments in the United States. Willingness of people to quit their jobs and work for stock options; Importance of venture capital to the economy; Rise in the number of angel investors in New Jersey. INSET: EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST.
- Speculative Bubbles and Overreaction to Technological Innovation. Lansing, Kevin J. // FRBSF Economic Letter;6/20/2008, Vol. 2008 Issue 18, preceding p2
The article presents an analysis regarding the impact of technological innovation, speculative bubble and capital misallocation in the U.S. economy and stock prices. It narrates various events which recount the period where technology was in demand and led to the business investors misallocation...
- Charles Stanley's Yearsley: Is the future bright for VCTs? Yearsley, Ben // Fundweb;6/3/2013, p5
This article discusses the economic condition of venture capital trusts (VCT) in the U.S. as of June 2013. The commitment of the government to VCTs represents their positive impact on the economy. The benefits of engaging with VCTs include lower fees since the fixed costs are spread over a wider...
- The Valley's $100 Billion Problem. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;3/4/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on venture capitalists. Shift in the venture capitalist industry; Problems facing the venture capitalists, which include taking in too much money prior to 2002; How venture capitalists can deal with the economic situation in the United States.
- It takes more than a concept to attract angels. DAKS, MARTIN C. // njbiz;10/25/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p5
The article reports that venture capital funding has declined in the third quarter of 2010 due to the weak economy in the U.S. However, some experts believe that promising companies can still find funding. According to Jay Trien, president of the Venture Association of New Jersey, some investors...
- Venture capital slows, but it hasn't stopped. Porter, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;03/26/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p9
Assesses the state of venture capital in Michigan. Trend for venture-capital disbursement; Factors that will convince venture capitalists to fund a start-up company; Effect of the economic downturn in the United States over the upward momentum of venture investing in Michigan.
- Venture capitalists seek less adventure. Jones Yang, Dori // U.S. News & World Report;06/04/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p39
Discusses venture capitalism in the United States as of June, 2001. The perceived impact of venture capitalism on the U.S. economy; Decrease in the amount of venture capital; Changes in the practice of venture capitalism.
- New venture adventures. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p108
Comments on venture capitalists in the telecommunications industry. Theme of a meeting by venture capitalists at the SuperNet exhibition; Ideas offered by panelists at the meeting; Suggestion for venture capitalists.