2001 Reasons To Celebrate
- CTIA Event Pits Promise Against Reality. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Highlights the CTIA Wireless 2001 trade show held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Assessment of the event's attendance; Speakers at the trade show; Focus of the event; Significance of the trade show to the telecommunication industry in the United States.
- Show Wrap-up. // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on Wireless 2000, a conference of wireless Internet in the United States. Attendance of Wireless Data University in the conference; Discussion on wireless applications; Demand for short messaging services; Problems associated with handset uses; Forecasts on wireless Internet.
- HP Optimistic About Enterprise Market. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the optimism of participants at the 2002 Enterprise Wireless Forum Conference and Exposition in Santa Clara, California about the enterprise market. Percentage of enterprises that will increase their wireless spending by more than ten percent in 2002, according to John Desmond of...
- Financial Companies Underscore PCIA's Future. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p6
Previews the PCIA GlobalXChange 2001 wireless communication industry convention to be held in September 2001 in Los Angeles, California. Features of the event; Guest speakers; Purpose of the meeting.
- Field service conference comes to Chicago. // Frontline Solutions;Jul2000, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the holding of the second Field Service Solutions Conference & Exposition, which features mobile computing, wireless networks and other field service integration, Chicago, Illinois.
- How I spent my spring break. Dunford, David O. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p14
Comments on the 2001 International Wireless Communications Expo. Offer of information at the exhibits; Discussion on the prospects of the wireless communication industry.
- Mobile vision. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
The article highlights a discussion on the development of mobile video at a seminar during the Cable Telecommunications and Internet Association Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2006. The event--sponsored by RCR Wireless News and its sister publication, TelevisionWeek--featured a panel of TV...
- Eye on the enterprise. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;02/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 9, p34
Provides information on the domination of wireless-enabling business applications at the Internet World Wireless 2001 conference in New York City. Capacity and application for third generation wireless technology; Importance of the business applications to mobile data usage; Wireless data...
- `They've Seen Star Trek'. Sextro, Darren // Wireless Review;05/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p64
Relates an incident that happened at the GSM World Congress of wireless carriers. Audience reaction to a remark made by Michael Stocks; Evaluation of the business from the customer's perspective; Importance of being aware of the customer perspective.