- Metricom announces layoffs. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the plans of Metricom Inc. to lay off employees in an attempt to match operating expenses with revenue growth.
- Metricom plans layoffs. // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the plan of Metricom Inc. to lay off some of its work force. Impetus for the plan; Remarks from Ralph Derrickson, interim chief executive officer of Metricom; Number of employees that have been dismissed early in 2001; Information on Metricom's stock for the year.
- Patent fending. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;Dec97, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p111
Presents brief profiles of people and companies who have sued larger companies for patent infringement. Jerome Lemelson versus Mattel Inc.; Robert W. Kearns versus the Ford Motor Co.; Gordon Gould versus Control Laser International Corp.; State Electronics versus Microsoft Corp.; Peter Roberts...
- Mobile and wireless vendors face patent infringement suits. // Frontline Solutions;May2001, Vol. 2 Issue 5
Reports on the lawsuits filed by Proxim Inc. and NCR Corp. against their rivals for patent infringement. Details of the lawsuits.
- Busy Gemstar Lawyers Take on EchoStar. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p3
Reports the patent infringement lawsuit filed by Gemstar TV Guide International Inc. against EchoStar Communications Corp. in the United States. Claims against the unlicensed interactive program guide offered by Echostar; Details on other infringement suits filed by Gemstar; Account of the...
- Evaluating damages in patent infringement cases. Wolf, Steven A. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer98, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p9
Presents information on intellectual property case filings in Pennsylvania. Number of intellectual property case filings between 1986 and 1997; Percentage of a company's value represented by intangible assets based from Brookings Institute study; Cause of the increase in damage awards;...
- The litigation ledger. Misek, Maria // EMedia Professional;Feb99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Reports on two patent infringement cases involving computer companies. Imatec Ltd. versus Apple Computer Inc.; Elonex I.P. Holdings Ltd. versus Micron Electronics Inc., Dell Computer Corp. and Packard Bell NEC Inc.
- The Sin of Self-Persuasion. McElhaney, James W. // ABA Journal;Nov99, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p92
Presents a legal scenario where a trial lawyer wanted not to be involved in a patent infringement trial. Reason the trial lawyer does not want to be involved; Strategy of a patent lawyer in cases like this; Strategy of the defense; Issue on credibility.
- Cloning: Ignoring the elephant in the wireless room. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p1
The article discusses the two patent infringement cases in South Korea and China in May 2006. Motorola Inc. announced that it had reached a settlement with South Korean vendor KBT Mobile Co. Ltd. in which the latter agreed to stop making and selling Razr look-alikes. A different and unrelated...