Economy Puts On The Brakes
- State Of The Union. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p4
Comments on the strike effort of Verizon Communications' employees and technicians who are members of the Communications Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Outcome of the work stoppage; Demands and requests of both parties; Why the traditional...
- Employees may strike on Verizon Wireless union issue. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the issue of whether Verizon Wireless employees can join a union, which was seen as a key topic that may have led to a strike by Verizon Communications employees in the United States as of midnight August 6, 2000.
- Customer Service. Seidenberg, Ivan // Vital Speeches of the Day;4/1/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p373
This article presents a speech given by Ivan Seidenberg, Chairman and CEO of Verizon, delivered to Telecom NEXT, at the United States Telecom Association Conference, in Las Vegas, Nevada, on March 20, 2006. Seidenberg discusses the role of the telecommunications industry in delivering broadband...
- Verizon at Odds With Union. Brown, Stacy M. // Washington Informer;11/5/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the 2015 conflict between Communication Workers of America, a labor union that represents workers of telecommunications company Verizon, and the company over safety issues. Topics include the union's call for the company to open an investigation into unsafe conditions at...
- ARPU Defies The Odds, Continues Upward Climb. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p29
Focuses on the ARPU trend in telecommunication sector in the United States during the second quarter of 2000. Gain of Nextel Communications from ARPU during the period; Best indicator of carrier ARPU differences; Factor that affects ARPU; Predictions regarding ARPU.
- Nextel: The little upstart that could. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p14
Provides information on Nextel Communications Inc. Approach adopted to the telecommunication industry; Background on the establishment of the company; Relationship with Motorola Inc.; Investment of wireless luminary Craig McGraw in the company.
- Nextel announces new services. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p21
Informs on United States-based telecom firm Nextel Communications Inc.'s several announcements regarding new content and services now available to its Nextel Online customers.
- Nextel tower up in air. Czurak // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/24/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11
Reports on Nextel Communications Inc.'s request to put up a tower on the northeast side of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Opposition received by the plan from homeowners; Denial of the request by planning commissioners; Schedule of public hearing given for Nextel to appeal for another decision;...
- An instant answer. Malis, Carol // Crain's Detroit Business;10/21/96, Vol. 12 Issue 43, pT-13
Presents information on a pilot program testing cutting-edge telecommunications hardware, which was developed by Nextel Communications Incorporated. Problems encountered with voice mail, pay phones, and pagers; Experience of National TechTeam Incorporated; Unveiling of the product by Nextel on...