Going with the grain
- Pellami moves. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p23
Reports on the relocation of furniture company JMT Pellami and its parent Universal Trading to larger premises in Suffolk, England.
- Lineapelle show gaining momentum for upholstery. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;05/21/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p75
Reports on the growing momentum of the Lineapelle trade show as a leather upholstery venue. Challenges facing the show because of its timing; Benefits realized by upholstery manufacturers from concepts found in footwear and apparel leathers featured at the show.
- Forbes adds leather. // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p2
Reports the production of leather upholstery by Forbes Furniture upholstery firm. Plan to expand to smaller independent chains; Adaption of designs and marketing for target market; Aim to compete with Italian and Belgian import markets.
- Designs on leather. // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2008, Issue 5591, p8
The author reflects on the latest trends in upholstery design. He claims that design trends influence consumer choice most especially in leather which has become a new conflicting issue for consumers. He advises furniture makers to know more about motifs, damasks, and photographic imagery to...
- Leather sources: It'll be better in January. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;7/31/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p20
The article reports that leather upholstery exhibitors at the World Market Center in Las Vegas, Nevada in July 2006 had relatively slow sales but they intend to go back to the city in January 2007 for the opening of World Market Center Building B. The sales performance and products of Omnia,...
- ASTM meeting to discuss voluntary leather standards. // Furniture/Today;3/29/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p18
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International committee on residential upholstery leather will hold its semiannual meeting in Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania, on April 29-30, 2004. ASTM International, formerly the American Society for Testing and Materials, is a global forum for the...
- MARKET BEAT. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;9/13/2004 Supplement, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p24
Highlights several leather upholstery exhibited at a trade show in San Francisco, California. Stationary furniture frames from Douglas Corp.; Promotional offerings from Collezione Europa company; Stetson Home Collection of lifestyle seating from American Leather compant.
- Leather category treacling water. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p36
The article reports that while the leather upholstery category of the furniture industry in the U.S. was challenged by competition from imports, changes in pricing and executive changes, some remain optimistic. Retail sales were estimated at $6.53 billion in 2006, maintaining its 26 percent...
- Style, comfort trump price concerns in leather. THOMAS, LARRY // Furniture/Today;12/29/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p44
The article reports that according to executives of the U.S. upholstery industry focusing on style and comfort of the leather upholstery will improve the sale. It states that as there is no sign of price drop of leather, consumers are more concerned about comfort and style of the products. It...