The Budget: what it means for companies
- New Zealand. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Oct89, Vol. 104 Issue 1154, p60
Presents news briefs related to taxation in New Zealand, as of October 1989. Tax proposals in the budget; Value-added tax for overseas tourists.
- An opportunity budget? // Accountancy;Jul1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1031, p28
The article comments on the measures included in Sir Geoffrey Howe's first budget. Howe described the measures as the first stage in the major reduction in direct taxation in Great Britain. It has been anticipated that the value-added tax rate would be increased and unified into a single rate....
- International tax roundup. Reid, Alan; Cretton, Colin // Accountancy;Feb1980, Vol. 91 Issue 1038, p17
Presents an update on taxation in different countries as of February 1980. Policy of Australia on investment allowance on plant and equipment; Proposal in line with personal income tax in Belgium; Changes proposed to the budgetary measures in Canada; Legislation of the value-added tax in Germany.
- Budget measures for small businesses. Brown, John; Chadwick, Suzanne // Accountancy;May91, Vol. 107 Issue 1173, p54
Reports on the tax measures intended to benefit small businesses contained in 1991 budget in Great Britain. Taxable turnover threshold rates; Small business obligation to register for value-added tax.
- Textile excise kitty dips 16% in '03-'04. // Colourage;Jul2004, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p116
The article reports on the decline in revenue collections from the textile sector in India for 2003-2004. An almost 16 percent of decline has been posted by the industry as compared to revenues in 2002-2003. However, the central value added tax (Cenvat) credit availed by the textile...
- Northern Ireland Tax Notes. McMaw, Phillip // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2001, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p52
Presents tax notes in Northern Ireland, recent as of April 2001. Budget; Taxation of companies and businesses; VAT.
- March Budget. // Accountancy;Apr93, Vol. 111 Issue 1196, p4
The article offers a look at the March 1993 budget proposals and announcements of the Chancellor of the Exchequer in Great Britain. Personal allowances and reliefs for the year are unchanged. The band for income tax rises Â£500 to Â£2,500 for 1993-1994 and a further Â£500 to Â£3,000 for...
- Reduced rates for energy-saving materials. Elliott, Graham // Accountancy;Jun2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1282, p121
The article focuses on the information sheet provided by Customs administration of Great Britain in March, 2000 which points out that Budget Notice 39/00 contained an error. Electric dual immersion water heaters with foam insulated water tanks do not qualify as energy-saving materials that can...
- VAT - extension of reliefs for the disabled and charities. // Accountancy;Apr1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1064, p6
Discusses the extensions of existing value-added tax reliefs incorporated in the 1982 national budget of Great Britain.