- Internet Speed. Sheehy, Barry // Executive Excellence;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the accentuation of Internet speed in electronic-commerce. Pursuit of accelerated product development; Challenges faced by legacy players; Concerns over the disregard of traditional values in conducting business; Limitations of electronic-commerce.
- Mid-Life Crisis Strikes the New Economy. Isaac, Peter // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p68
Comments on developments in the Internet industry worldwide as of July 2000. Reasons for disenchantment with the Internet; Names of companies that entered the business-to-business electronic commerce sector; Reasons for the crisis in the industry; Bandwidth problems; Lack of legal barriers to...
- DUBAI GOES DIGITAL. RAKESH, K.M. // Siliconindia;May2000, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p94
Focuses on the launch of a project to create an Internet free zone in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), called Dubai Internet City. Goal to transform the UAE into a major electronic commerce destination in the Middle East; Establishment of an Internet university; Allowance of the entry of...
- The new search for value on the Internet. Merritt, Kerry // Frontline Solutions;Aug2001, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p49
Reports on the upgrading strategies of electronic marketplaces. E2Open's adoption of a five-stage plan to deliver collaborative capabilities; House2Home's decision to transact with trading partners only through Internet-based electronic data interchange.
- Accelerating Ecommerce. Sevcik, Peter // Business Communications Review;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p8
Discusses developments related to electronic commerce. Experience of the author while analyzing the Internet commerce operations of a Europe-based multinational manufacturer; Speed of Web-based services; Means of increasing the speed of Web-based services.
- B-to-B sites put on the brakes. McDonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p28
Focuses on how business failures and mergers have affected the expansion of business-to-business electronic commerce sites and online trade exchanges in New York. Initiatives launched by Aluminium.com to boost commercial traffic on its site; Pullout of the minority vendor site of M-Xchange;...
- Strand adds cyber shelf space. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p18
Reports on developments concerning electronic commerce and the Internet industry in New York City as of January 8, 2001. Strand Bookstore's launch of its electronic commerce Web site; Senator Chuck Schumer's planned appearance on We Live in Public, a Web venture from Pseudo Programs Inc....
- Hype, Reality, and Vision. Hayes, Ian S. // Software Magazine;April/May2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Offers pieces of advice on venturing into the electronic business. Statistics on electronic commerce strategies; Elements for a successful electronic business; Tips for conducting visioning sessions.
- Digital Backlash. Albrecht, Karl // Training & Development;Nov2000, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the disadvantages of the digital industry in the United States. Impact of digital processing on the economy and business; Imbalance between humans and technology; Promotion and success of the Internet industry; Creation of Internet business ideology; Ethical problems in the business...
- The Planet-Sized Fortune Cookie. Piontek, Stephen // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/3/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p55
Focuses on the market valuations of dot.com companies in the United States. Uncertainty in business; Implications of financial services reform on dot.com companies; Transition of companies to e-commerce.