University of Connecticut to Sell $100 Million in GOs as Part of $1 Billion Project
- UConn state-supported bonds rated `AA-'. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/28/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p7
Reports that the University of Connecticut's $120 million general obligation bonds issued in 1997 have been rated AA by Fitch Investors Service. Total bonds issued; State's debt service commitment to the bonds.
- Research digest. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30649, p9
Presents updates related to municipal bond trading in the United States, as of May 26, 1999. Includes analysts James McGinley and David Jacovini's views on the value of various state bonds; Use of off-balance-sheet financing by universities to fund construction of residence halls.
- Triple-A Univ. of Michigan Prepares $220M for Capital Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33406, p6
The article reports on the plan of the University of Michigan to sell 220 million-dollar worth of general revenue bonds in October 2010 as part of its 5.5 billion-dollar capital plan for 10 years.
- Oklahoma universities resurrect $350 million bond plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p3
Reports that Oklahoma's public universities are asking Governor Frank Keating and legislative leaders to endorse a $350 million higher-education revenue bond request. Voter approval required for the cigarette tax hike to be used to repay the bonds; Allocation of the proceeds of the municipal bonds.
- The Arms Race In College Financing. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p24
Reports on the growing volume of municipal bonds incurred by colleges and universities in the United States. Funding for projects related to student facilities; Biggest investment banks involved in underwriting the bonds; Creativity in coming up with financing options.
- Two Southern Universities Prepare Bond Sales for This Week. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p38
Highlights the higher education bond deals from southeastern U.S. that buyers can consider during the week of October 12, 2004. Insured bonds that will be sold for Kennesaw State University in Georgia; Plan of the Louisiana State University to price $49 million of Series 2004B auxiliary revenue...
- Cal St. Student Bonds Raised to A+ By S&P. // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p2
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to upgrade its rating on California State University's outstanding student union revenue bonds. Rating assigned to the university's parking system revenue bonds.
- Cal State Hsg SPUR Raised to AA- By S&P. // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p2
Reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's to California State University's housing system revenue bonds Series AZ dated October 1 and due November 1, 2003.
- Judge: University's Religion too Pervasive for Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p42
Highlights the ruling of a United States District Court judge in Tennessee that a religiously-affiliated university cannot benefit from tax-exempt municipal bonds. Amount of bonds sold by Nashville Industrial Development Board in 1991 for Lipscomb University; Establishment Clause of the First...