Departing Treasurer of Michigan Leaves Big Shoes To Fill
- Former Michigan Treasurer Returns to Post. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31107, p40
Announces the appointment of Doug Roberts as Michigan's treasurer and special policy adviser.
- Mich. employees take satellite seminars. // T H E Journal;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the Michigan Department of Civil Service's joint venture with the Michigan Information Technology Network (MITN) and the Executive Education Network (EXEN), to provide its employees with interactive seminars via satellite television broadcasts. Terms of the agreement; Contact...
- Since The Governor Asked ... // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/17/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p4
Suggests that the Michigan state government should cut its budget spending on health insurance for its employees. Increase in the cost of health insurance as of November 17, 2003; Actions taken by the state government that led to an increase in the cost of insurance for employees in the private...
- State gambling czar is finalist for U.S. attorney. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p40
Reports the inclusion of state gambling regulator Nelson Westrin as finalist for the position of United States attorney for eastern Michigan.
- Press secretary appointed. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/11/96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p35
Reports that June West has been named press secretary to Michigan's Wayne County Executive, Edward McNamara. Details on West's former job; Name of West's predecessor.
- 'It's Nice to Be Home': Michigan's Doug Roberts Returns as Treasurer. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p32
Reports on the return of Doug Roberts to the Michigan treasurer's office. Continuity of service that will boost market confidence; Career history of Roberts.
- Move of state workers into ex-GM HQ starts in August. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the relocation of government employees in Michigan to General Motors Corp.'s former headquarters in Detroit. Number of state workers who will be relocated to the building; Government offices which will occupy the facility.
- Mich. Banking Commissioner Leaving for Greener Pastures. // American Banker;6/28/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 122, p4
Reports on the resignation of Patrick M. McQueen as Michigan Banking Commissioner in June 1999. Naming of Deputy Commissioner Gary K. Mielock as acting commissioner; Reasons for leaving.
- Michigan treasurer Roberts to leave office after 26 years in government. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30517, p39
Announces the resignation of Douglas Roberts as Michigan Treasurer. Roberts' career history and achievements; Roberts' plan to pursue career in the private sector.