J.P. Morgan, Chase Fleming Merge Muni Groups
- Merged Bank Boss Mum On Municipals. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30975, p1
Focuses on the impact of the merger between Chase Manhattan Corp. and J.P. Morgan & Co. on the municipal bond operations of combined firms in Dallas, Texas. Appointment of executives for the fixed-income area; Details on the wholesale operations of the combined banks; Issues on the transfer of...
- First Half 1999: Take Two. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p5
Looks at the status of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the United States (US) in the first half of 1999. Remarks from Jacques Aigrain, co-head of global M&A at J.P. Morgan; Total value of announced deals involving US companies in the first half of 1999; Remarks from M&A bankers about getting...
- Latin M&A posts a record at $81B; Morgan still No. 1. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;2/11/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 28, p17
Focuses on the merger and acquisition activities in Latin America in 1998. List of the top M&A advisers; Emergence of J.P. Morgan as the top dealmaker; Impact of government privatizations.
- Morgan Looks To the Future. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;05/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p4
Forecasts the market status of J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc. for the year 2000. Details on the high technology deals and transactions of the company in 1999; Comment from James Elliott III, co-head of the company's North America merger and acquisition division; Expectation on their merger and...
- POST-MERGER LABMORGAN. Trombly, Maria // Securities Industry News;Aug/Sep2001 Supplement, Vol. 13, p1
Focuses on the merger of Chase Manhattan Corp. and J.P. Morgan & Co. Response to the growing possibilities of electronic commerce; Creation of in-house divisions dedicated to finding, investing in and spinning off promising technology companies. INSET: NURTURING THEIR INVESTMENTS.
- Deal creates world's 6th largest money manager. Williamson, Christine; Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;9/18/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p1
Reports the acquisition of J.P. Morgan by Chase Manhattan Corp. in the United States. Recognition of the deal as the largest investment manager in terms of worldwide assets; Ranks of both companies in total worldwide sales; Investment performance; Account of the executives of both companies.
- JP Morgan To Handle Food Lion Deal. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;08/23/99, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p2
Focuses on the obligation of J.P. Morgan to arrange the credit facility for Food Lion Inc. to support its acquisition of Hannaford Bros. Co. Financial information on the deal.
- Dynatech Rings Up J.P. Morgan. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
Reports that J.P. Morgan has been mandated by Dynatech Corp. to arrange a credit facility in support of a merger between TTC and Wavetek Wandel & Golterman Inc. Other uses of the facility; Equipment made by Dynatech; Total liabilities of the company at the end of September 1999.
- Providian spreads narrow on the news, JPMorgan proud new owner. MG; KD // Asset Securitization Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p1
Reports the acquisition of Providian Financial Corp.'s prime credit card portfolio by JPMorgan. Impact of the sales on bank liquidity of Providian; Benefits of the purchase of credit card to Providian Master Trust ABS holders; Comments about the deal.