Amtrak Bond Sale Hits Major Snag As Key Senator Withdraws Support
- Senate Committee to Debate Timber-Conservation Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p5
The article reports on a proposal introduced by U.S. Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus that would affect timber-conservation bonds. The measure is part of a larger agricultural tax relief package called the Heartland, Habitat, Harvest, and Horticulture Act of 2007. The...
- Private-Activity Bonds May Benefit from AMT Repeal. McConnell, Alison L. // Financial Planning;Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p28
Presents information on a proposed legislation on individual alternative minimum tax (AMT) in the U.S. introduced by Democratic Senator Max Baucus in 2005. Purpose of the legislation; Reaction of several municipal bond issuer groups towards the proposal; History of AMT.
- Legislation. // Pit & Quarry;Feb2002, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p44
Reports on the signing into law of the Department of Transportation Appropriations bill for fiscal 2002 by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 18, 2001. Amount of budget appropriated for federal transportation spending; Details of how the budget will be utilized; Plan of Senate Finance...
- Senate Finance Head Presents Own Package. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/26/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33048, p1
The article reports on the introduction of a $275 billion economic stimulus tax package by Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus in the U.S. It states that the package contains many of the same municipal bond provisions as the bill approved by the House Ways and Means Committee. Baucus'...
- Fuel prices, funding gaps still concern stone producers. Hernan, Pat // Pit & Quarry;Jul2008, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the decreasing local, state and federal funding on transportation in 2008 in the U.S. The Transportation Construction Coalition (TCC) has released a print ad stating that every state will suffer a 34% cut in its highway and bridge funding, beginning October 1. The...
- Baucus muscle. // Hill;3/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p20
The author reflects on the management style of Senator Max Baucus of Montana as the Finance Committee chairman.
- Baucus: GATT doomed if shortfall is covered. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 98, p19
Reports on the speech of the chairman of the Senate Trade Subcommittee Senator Max Bauchus on the possible doom of the GATT if Congress will come up with $13 billion coverage for lost revenues. Clinton administration's demand; Extension of the Generalized System of Preferences; Waiving the...
- STREET TALK. Walters, Cathrine L. // Missoula Independent;4/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p4
The article presents views of several people on the decision of U.S. Senator Max Baucus for not appearing for re-election in 2014 including Glen Phelps, Ethel MacDonald, and Mac McGregor.
- Inside politics. Stanglin, Douglas; Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;2/12/96, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p20
Explores the decision by Montana Democratic senator Max Baucus to support the balanced-budget amendment. His change of heart possibly correlating with his filing for re-election in February 1996; Strategists and aides preparing replies for inquiries about Baucus' vote to increase taxes in 1993...