Oz Theme Park Fails Again to Win Go-Ahead
- Plans for a waterfront wonderland. Buxbaum, Peter // Business News New Jersey;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p12
Reports on the plans of the Base Reuse Commission to transform the Military Ocean Terminal in Bayonne, New Jersey into a themepark and working containerport. Planned facilities for the themepark; Impact of the development on city's economy; Allocation of space for maritime use.
- Converted. Choy, Benjamin // Regional Review;Winter93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on conversion programs for military bases in New England. Creation of the Pease Development Authority to convert the Pease Air Force Base in Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Development of a truck-train-container transfer facility at Port Devens in Ayer, Massachusetts.
- Reusing an air force base: The case of Rantoul, Illinois. Boudreaux, Ray M. // Economic Development Review;Summer95, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p80
Discusses efforts of the community leaders of Rantoul, Illinois to reuse the Chanute Air Force Base, which was vacated in 1993. Base as an important part of the community's economy since 1919; Division of the facility into public and private areas; Facilities in the renovated military base.
- Turning panic to promise. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;12/4/95, Vol. 244 Issue 22, p57
Features two successful military base conversion programs in the United States. Conversion program at the former England Air Force Base; Conversion at the former Chanute Air Force Base; Economic benefits of the conversion program.
- NTC: Which course will it sail? Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;08/03/98, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p15
Reports on various plans for and present business operations in the closed US Naval Training Center (NTC) in San Diego, California. Names of and operations by businesses in the center; City's proposal for hotels, market-rate housing, waterfront park and reuse projects; Navy's plan to build 500...
- Full steam ahead at naval base. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/30/97, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p15
Reports on efforts in California to develop a former San Francisco naval base at Mare Island. Approach to development of closed base; Public-private partnership model; Structures existing in the naval base.
- Newfoundland gets smelter. // Northern Ontario Business;Jan97, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the conversion of the United States naval base in Argentia, Newfoundland into smelting and refining complex to process concentrates from Voisey's Bay which is expected to provide employment.
- Plans for a Waterfront Wonderland. Buxbaum, Peter // Business News New Jersey;12/01/97, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p1
Reports that a proposal for the Military Ocean Terminal could transform the Army installation in Bayonne, New Jersey into a thriving theme park and working containerport. Effect of Military Ocean Terminal's closure on Bayonne's employment rate; Results of a maritime feasibility study on the...
- England swings. // Louisiana Life;Spring99, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the conversion of the former England Air Force Base into an economic and industrial park. Phases of the conversion; Comments from area officials.