LADWP to Sell $1.2B in Power Bonds As Part of Debt-Restructuring Plan
- Los Angeles $1B DWP Priced for Retail; Munis Fade on Long End With Govies. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p2
Reports the retail pricing of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power revenue bonds in California. Expression of interest by buyers; Importance of treasuries in maintaining market stability; Popularity of high-grade bonds due in five-to-ten year range.
- Los Angeles Water Tops Calendar Heavy With High-Quality Debt. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p38
Reports the release of power system revenue bonds by the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power in California. Aim of refinancing all outstanding debt; Maturation of current settlement bonds; Advantage of the solid management status of the company.
- Shock Therapy. Rimensnyder, Sara // Reason;Oct2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p16
Deals with the positive effect of electricity deregulation plan of California on the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. Financial assets of the department as of October 2001; Details on how the plan works for the department; Contribution of general manager David Freeman on the turnaround...
- LADWP Completes Sale of Navajo Power Plant. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;6/23/2015, p26
The article reports on the sale of the share of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in the Navajo Generating Station by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Surprisingly strong retail sales rattle market. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports on the result of bond trading in the United States on October 15, 1997. Effect of September retail sales and third quarter economic growth on trading; Prices of Treasury bills and bonds of different maturities.