Hit in Critical Report, New England Defends Its Bridges
- Readers respond. // Public Works;May2009, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p11
The article provides an answer to a question of what is the best way to ensure roads and bridges' long term funding.
- WASHINGTON: Tacoma Span's Boffo Opening. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p9
The article reports on the opening of the $849 million bond-funded Tacoma Narrows Bridge on July 16, 2007. The bridge has set a new record for electronic tolling with more than 73 percent of drivers using the electronic toll lanes during the morning commute. The Washington Department of...
- A breaking point. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Aug2013, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p4
The author reflects on the controversy surrounding the Columbia River Crossing which involves the failed construction of a bridge between Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington. He criticizes the ineptitude of politicians in passing a 10-billion-dollar transportation funding package that...
- Â£34million for Waverley Railway. Sully, John // Modern Railways;Nov2006, Vol. 63 Issue 698, p8
The article reports on the Â£34 million fund appropriated for the Waverley Railway route in Scotland. Transport Minister Tavish Scott has stated that the money will be used to ensure the continuous service of the line. Some of the fund is allotted for the construction of two bridges at...
- Foes Nix Knik Bridge. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p33
Reports on a coalition of environmental advocates' opposition to a plan to build a bridge across the Knik Arm, Alaska. Estimated cost of the proposed bridge; Creation of the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority to plan the construction and financing for the bridge.
- Missouri Seeks $600M of PABs for Bridges Project; To Pick Bidder in July. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32577, p5
The article reports on the invitation by the Missouri government for potential bidders to bid $600 million of tax-exempt private-activity bond for the repair and maintenance of its 802 bridges by 2012. State officials will accept applications until June 2007 and will announce the winning bidder...
- WASHINGTON: Bridge Plan on the Way. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p9
The article reports on the funding strategy for replacing Seattle's Evergreen Point Bridge at a cost of $4.4 billion by the State and local government officials in Washington. The Regional Transportation Investment District, a road authority for the greater Seattle and Tacoma area, is promoting...
- MASSACHUSETTS: Funds Set for 2 Bridge Fixes. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32724, p9
The article reports on the allocation of nearly $3 million funds by Massachusetts Department of Transportation for the repair of two structurally deficient bridges in Worcester County, Massachusetts. The federal government will supply 80 percent of the costs to upgrade the bridges following on...
- TfL backs ï¿½385m Thames bridge. // Public Private Finance;Apr2004, Issue 82, p8
Reports on the Transport of London's support to plans to build a six-lane bridge over the Thames in east London, England through a private finance initiative. Construction cost; Government's efforts to regenerate the Thames Gateway.