Kim Herman, Housing Finance Commission
- Zoreana Barnes, D.C. Housing Finance Agency. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p8
Focuses on the operation of the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency. Amount of issued single-family mortgage revenue bonds; Effort of stretching the available cap allocation.
- HFAs' Big Backlog. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p1
The article reports on the move of the Housing Finance Agencies (HFA) to ask the assistance of the federal government in marketing their bond programs in the U.S. HFAs struggle to maintain their lending programs, and others have suspended their single-family bond programs. The agencies aim to...
- Connecticut, Massachusetts HFAs Ready Offerings. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p7
Reports on plan of two New England housing issuers to sell bonds during the week starting October 12, 2004. Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's single-family deal; Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency's smaller, multifamily deal with both bonds and insured notes; Value of the transactions.
- Some Spurn Housing Aid Program. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/9/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33230, p1
The article reports on the disinterest of Washington-based small local housing finance agencies (HFAs) on participating in a new-issue bond purchase (NIBP) program introduced by the Treasury Department. It notes that instead, these HFAs choose to return their allocations because high fees is...
- MassHousing Readies $70 Million Single-Family Revenue Bond Deal. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p5
The article reports that the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency plans to sell about $70 million of revenue bonds for single-family housing. The lead underwriter on the deal is UBS Securities LLC. The agency's bond counsel is Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP and the qualitative consultant is...
- Subprime Assistance. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32785, p1
The article focuses on the housing sector in 2008 in the U.S. It discusses the proposal of the government to increase the private-activity bond volume cap and allow state and local housing finance agencies to issue tax-exempt bonds for subprime mortgage refinancings. According to housing finance...
- Massachusetts Announces PAB Allocations. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32810, p4
The article reports on the 2008 private-activity bond (PAB) capacity allocations made by public officials in Massachusetts. The Housing Finance Agency received $ 270 million, the largest allocation from the overall $585 million of PAB. This was followed by the Development Finance Agency with...
- Texas Senators OK Rail Debt-Service Stream. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p4
Reports on the approval of a plan to use $15 million of job-training funds to service debt by Texas Senate Finance Committee. Utilization of the proceeds from rail bonds; Option to finance rail projects by issuing revenue bonds.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p30
Presents a chart depicting the invisible bond supply from government agencies and other agencies in the U.S.