Ken Montague, Utah Transit Authority
- The Homely Sister. Chapman, Stephen // New Republic;2/3/79, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p15
Scrutinizes the plan of the Carter administration to deregulate the bus industry in the United States. Responses of Trailways Transportation System Inc. and Greyhound Lines Inc. to the deregulation proposal; Comparison between the deregulation of the airline industry and the bus industry;...
- Massachusetts Puts Off Fare Hike Until Outside Review. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/13/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33166, p4
The article reports on the delay of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's plan to increase the fares of buses and trains by 20%. It notes that the delay comes after the officials have decided to wait for an outside review of the agency's finances before increasing the fares. It...
- Atkins looks at bus boost. // Planning (14672073);1/18/2008, Issue 1752, p8
The article reports on the contract made by the South East of Scotland Transport Partnership (SEStran) with Atkins Inc. in Great Britain. It states that SEStran has appointed Atkins four a four-month contract which involves the encouragement of the public on the use of bus services. It notes...
- Bus facts. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p13
Provides background information on bus lines in Long Island, New York. Lease operating agreement between Nassau County and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Base fare in Nassau and Suffolk Counties; Number of people employed in bus services.
- Don't break the Link! Woods, Dick // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p10
Opinion. Comments on the petition for the placement of a ballot measure for the Link bus system in Washington. Possible dissolution of the system; Significance of the bus system.
- Beacon shuttle service expands. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/8/2003-9/15/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p14
Focuses on the inauguration of a weekend bus service, called the Beacon Shuttle by the Dutchess County Bus System, New York. Days on which the bus system would operate; Places which the bus service links; Impact of the bus system on the economy of Dutchess County.
- The Big Apple bus. Leighton, Brad // New Hampshire Business Review;3/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p3A
Reports on the daily trips made by the Fung Wah bus line from Nashua, New Hampshire to New York City. Hours consumed in the journey; Convenience and inexpensiveness provided by the service; Establishment of the bus to help Chinese workers get to and from New York City.
- Call this a field trip? // Crain's Detroit Business;08/11/97, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p42
Presents information on a VIP Sneak Peek bus tour, which is being sponsored by chamber members Standard Federal Bank, Kelly Services Incorporated, and Detroit Newspapers. Scheduled date for the bus tour; Comments from Troy Chamber President Gayla Houser.
- Fringe benefits. Ward, Colin // New Statesman & Society;7/7/95, Vol. 8 Issue 360, p28
Relates the author's experience in a Westerbus in a Highland road in Scotland. History of Westerbus; Author's conversation with Westerbus co-founder Gay Taylor.