Treasurer Phil Angelides
- Prominent California Democrat announces candidacy for treasurer. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30323, p32
Reports that former California Democratic Party chairman Phil Angelides has announced his candidacy for state treasurer. Promise to work for a rating upgrade for the state; Advocacy of additional state-issued debt; School funding as cornerstone of his campaign platform; Achievements as party...
- New undertaking for Phil Angelides. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;1/22/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that Phil Angelides, former California state treasurer and unsuccessful 2006 gubernatorial candidate is returning to his real estate business. On January 9, 2007 Angelides opened a real estate investment firm, Riverview Capital Investments in Sacramento, California. Before...
- California Treasurer Again Moves Financial Conflict-of-Interest Deadline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p7
Reports that investment banks have until August 2003 to comply with California treasurer Phil Angelides's investment protection principles designed to eliminate conflicts of interest between the firm's bankers and research analysts. Reasons for postponement of the deadline to the abovementioned...
- Angelides to Investors: Governance Matters. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Presents information on the advice of California State Treasurer Phil Angelides to investors with regard to corporate governance in the financial market.
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Selling school GOs a key goal of California's treasurer-elect. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/06/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30516, p1
Reports on California Treasurer-elect Phil Angelides' plan to begin issuing state school bonds as soon as he takes office in January 1998. Value of the general obligation bond measure; Democratic sweep of California's elected offices; Proposal to create a new financing program called `Smart...
- Treasurer's race a battle between financial ideals. Brennan, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p11
Reports on the campaigns of Democrat challenger Phil Angelides and Republican candidate Curt Pringle for the position of state treasurer in California. Promises of each politician to their prospective constituents; Involvement of Greek financiers; Backgrounds of the candidates.
- Calif. treasurer fills more positions. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p2
Reports that California Treasurer Phil Angelides has filled eight more slots on his staff. Includes Ann Stausboll's appointment as general counsel; Daniel L. Reeves as legislative and policy director; Susan Baltake as assistant treasurer and executive director of the California Educational...
- Angelides Stresses Infrastructure Investment, Corporate Responsibility. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p30
Reports the views of state Treasurer Phil Angelides on issues related to the state budget in California. Infrastructure investment; Development of strategy to deal with budget deficits; Significance of the terrorist attacks.