Debt Manager Deven Mitchell
- $608 Million GO Plan Passes Virginia House Amid Worsening Fiscal News. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p31
Reports of approval of a legislation authorizing issuance of a general obligation debt for financing higher education, by the Virginia House of Delegates. Amount of debt issued; Sponsorship of the debt by Vincent F. Callahan Jr., chairman of the House Appropriations Committee; Role of governor...
- $9 billion bond bill in California hurt by partisan bickering. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/27/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30401, p1
Discloses that a compromise plan to ask California voters to approve the $9 billion of state borrowing for schools that appeared to have a clear road to passage in April 1998 is facing obstacles from members of the Legislature's Democratic majority. Requirements for approval of state general...
- BILLION-DOLLAR BILLS. McKee, Joseph V. // Saturday Evening Post;3/26/1932, Vol. 204 Issue 39, p34
Discusses the bonded debt structure of New York City. Capstone of the funded debt of the city that is payable in 2147 A.D.; Total amount of the bonded debt of the city on January 1, 1931; Provisions of the city budget for paying its debt and for education.
- Stephens' Bid Wins Tenn. County GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p4
Reports the sale of general obligation capital outlay notes in Montgomery County, Tennessee. Use of the proceeds to finance court and school capitals; Impact of the county debt structure on interest rate risks; Need to upgrade general obligation debts to manage variable-rate exposure;...
- Colorado Readies Short-Term $145M Trans Deal to Fund Education Projects. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p4
The article reports on the intent of officials of Colorado to offer tax and revenue anticipation notes on July 6, 2006. Proceeds from the deal will be used to finance interest-free loans to state school districts. Called E-Trans, the offering are sold with the state's short-term credit ratings...
- Florida Sells $200M of Education Debt, OKs $400M More. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p30
Reports on the approval of the Florida state cabinet to allow the Florida Board of Education to sell an additional $400 million of debt for new public school and college projects in the state. Value of credit bonds accepted by the state Division of Bond Finance on behalf of the education board;...
- Arlington County, Va., Voters To Face $207M in GO Bonds. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p3
The article reports that residents of Arlington County in Virginia are scheduled to vote on approving $207 million of general obligation bonds in five separate ballot questions on November 7, 2006. The borrowing initiative was approved by the county board as part of a six-year capital spending...
- Financial Stability Concept: Main Characteristics and Tools. Anatolyevna, Morozova Irina; Ramilevna, Sahabutdinova Liliya // World Applied Sciences Journal;2013, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p856
Different approaches and methods of defining "Financial Stability" by different schools and economists and the tools used to approach it. Definitions of "Financial Stability" tools and description of its characteristics.
- Three California School Districts Ready $98M in Refinancing Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p44
Reports on the advancement of a deal to refinance emergency loans issued to three California school districts. Total amount of the deals; Cause of the delays; Ratings assigned to the deals.