Martin Gargano, West Virginia Housing Development Fund
- Housing's Busy New Year. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p1
Reports on business prospects in the housing finance sector in the U.S. as of 2002. Possible decrease in interest rates on housing loans; Impact of the decrease on customers; Possible increase in the private-activity bond volume cap allocation related to the housing sector.
- Editor's Introduction. Heywood, Andrew // Housing Finance International;Sep2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Virginia Traclet about the history of the Canadian housing finance system and its resiliency in the recession of 2007-2009, another one by Otmar Stocker on the importance of collateral and a comparative study on...
- Housing finance: A long-term perspective. Lereah, David // Business Economics;July97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p21
Discusses information that the 1990's were considered good years for housing finance business in the United States. Major economic events that characterize the changes in the housing finance business; Long-term forces influencing housing finance; Why nation's housing markets are overachieving...
- Housing finance. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1996, p17
Focuses on housing finance in the United States, as of March 1996. Mortgage rates; Mortgage origination by type of lender; Application volume.
- Housing finance. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb97, p15
Reports on house financing in the United States as of February 1997. Fixed mortgage rates from 1995 to 1997; Mortgage originations from 1995 to 1996; Mortgage application volume from 1990 to 1997.
- New private housing and vacancy rates. // Economic Indicators;Feb96, p19
Presents statistical information on the new private housing and vacancy rates of the units or homes. Units started, by type of structure; Units authorized; Units completed; Homes sold; Homes for sale.
- IDAs shift position on housing. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/24/94, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p16
Reports on industrial development agencies (IDA) as a viable source of financing for housing projects. Need to establish housing's link to economic development; IDA funds' limitation to certain types of activities; IDA powers' lack of provisions on housing assistance.
- Targeted programs. McEnerney, Patrick J. // Mortgage Banking;Dec94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p46
Discusses concepts concerning housing programs in the United States. Fair lending; Concept of affordable housing; Problems with income-based definitions; Problems with place-based definitions.
- Mexico's Sofols beckon investors. F.O. // Asset Securitization Report;3/17/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the diversification of funding sources for housing finance companies in Mexico. Phase-out of construction bridge loans by Sociedad Hipotecaria Federal; Securitization of the bridge loan portfolio of Metrofinanciera; Bulk of housing activity in financing mortgages.
- Home equity. // Commonweal;5/6/88, Vol. 115 Issue 9, p259
Editorial. Considers the housing market in the US and what the economics of buying or renting shelter is doing to American society. Mal-distribution of available housing; How this housing crisis happened; Suggestions for federal programs to assist with the problem.