Treasurer John Kennedy
- Services need private cash, say managers. // Public Finance;04/13/2001, p12
Reports on a survey conducted among public sector finance managers in Scotland on the importance of private funds for the country. Requirement of financing for the upgrade of infrastructure; Benefit of partnership in projects.
- Scottish Parliament under fire for flawed financial controls. Scott, David // Public Finance;6/11/2004, p10
Reports on the failure in the internal financial control of the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body in Scotland. Need for improvement in the accounting system; Defect in the working and procedural relationships between the finance department and the accountable officer; Delay in the...
- Local hero. Banham, Russ // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p26
Profiles John Moorlach, treasurer of Orange County, California. Financial problems of the county in the early 1990s; Moorlach's accomplishments as county treasurer; Views on derivatives; Financial status of the county. INSET: The unforgotten man, by Antony Baldo..
- NASP's Hall of Fame honors Wall Streeters. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p28
Focuses on the induction of public finance professionals William H. Hayden and Denise L. Nappier into the National Association of Securities Professionals' Wall Street Hall of Fame. Career backgrounds; Beneficiaries of the group's induction ceremony.
- D.C. Treasurer Anthony Calhoun Quits for Private Sector. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p4
Reports on the resignation of N. Anthony Calhoun as Treasurer of Washington D.C. Agreement of Calhoun to stay on as an adviser in the city's treasury office until a successor is hired; Accomplishments of the treasurer in the Office of Finance and Treasury throughout the Office of the Chief...
- Daring the discipline. Sore, Vernon; Kakad, Jyoti // Public Finance;07/14/2000, p24
Discusses proposals to change the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy's (CIPFA) professional disciplinary scheme, which is being revamped in light of public concern and changes to the law. Factors that prompted the review; Key areas examined in the review of the CIPFA scheme;...
- California Tax Hikes, Benefit Cuts to Stay. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33088, p6
The article offers information on the determinations issued by California Treasurer Bill Lockyer and finance director Michael Genest regarding the state's federal stimulus in 2009. Lockyer and Genest issued determinations that California will not receive enough federal stimulus money to initiate...
- IN BRIEF. // Public Finance;11/03/95, p5
Reports developments related to public finance in Great Britain as of November 1995. Includes interpretation of transitional grant conditions by council social services departments; Announcement of successful bidders for nursery voucher scheme administration; Suspension of deputy financial...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;05/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31134, p8
Reports developments in the public finance industry in United States as of May 2001. Transfer of Evensen Dodge Inc. financial advisers to US Bancorp Piper Jaffray; Merger between US Bancorp and Firstar Corp.; Entry of John Miller at Solomon Smith Barney Inc.